Thread: My First Review.

Default My First Review.

Here is my simple review of the 5 Vegas Torpedo that I had tonite. This is my first, so take it easy on me, ok?

Mood: Relaxed/Exhausted
    Drink: Milo's Sweet Tea straight from the jug
    Entertainment: Punch Drunk Love
    Enviroment: Laying on my bed, lights off, fan going, window open. Chilly.

This was my first of the 5 Vegas and my first torpedo.

Construction was nice, the cut was easy, and the pre-light draw was good. It was good and tasty as a matter of fact. I enjoyed just pulling air through the cigar for a minute before lighting.

I used wooden matches, as i do with everything, and had no problem. Eventually, it needed a touch up. That could have been a result of the fan, or me being engrossed in the entertainment. No big deal.

Ok, now the taste. Keep in mind, I am a noob. There's no two ways around it. So i'm not going to be able to pick out much. One thing I could pick out for sure was the spiciness. Right after the first puff, i could taste the spiciness, ecspecially on my tongue. Later, this fades away and a more "earthy" tone comes into play. From that point on, it stays the same.

When about 1/4 of the cigar remained, I recut the cigar about a quarter of an inch up and it opened it right back up. I mean, this thing really put out alot of smoke.

Overall: a nice, mellow smoke, ecspecially for the price. It lasted me throught the whole movie, and then some. I believe I have one or two more in the humi. This one was gifted to me, and i thoroughly enjoyed it!
    Last edited by chefchris; 01-07-2007 at 01:26 PM.

Default SOunds Good

Chris your first review sounded ok to me you got to start somewhere I guess I will be doing my first one shortly
    GO AHEAD PUNK MAKE MY DAY

Blog Entries

Good review!! I've been thinking of trying a 5 vegas, and your review has provided the final nudge. Thanks!!

Default Nice Review

Not bad. 5 Vegas are pretty good for the money. Great everyday cigar.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Nice review.
    I like 5 vegas. The series A. Tried a gold a while ago, it didn't do anything for me.

Thread Information