Thread: could she have said "help"???

bigpoppapuff Guest

Default could she have said "help"???

Woman may have died stuck behind bookcase
    ASSOCIATED PRESS
    11/26/2006

NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. - A woman missing for nearly two weeks was found dead in the home she shared with family members looking for her, wedged behind a bookcase in her room.
    Mariesa Weber, 38, returned home Oct. 28 and greeted her mother, then wasn't seen again. Her family thought she had been kidnapped and contacted authorities. Family members scoured her room for clues but found nothing, though they did notice a strange smell.

Late one night Weber's sister went into her bedroom and looked behind a bookcase, where she saw a foot. Using a flashlight the family saw Weber was wedged upside-down behind the unit.

"I'm sleeping in the same house as her for 11 days, looking for her," her mother, Connie Weber, told the St. Petersburg Times. "And she's right in the bedroom."

Weber's family thinks she may have been trying to adjust a plug to a television that was behind the bookshelf. Both Weber and her sister had previously adjusted the plug by standing on a bureau next to the shelf and leaning over the top. Her family believes Weber, who was 5-foot-3 and barely 100 pounds, may have fallen headfirst into the space.

"She's a little thing," her mother said. "And the bookcase is 6 feet tall and solid. And she couldn't get out."

A spokesman for the Pasco County Sheriff's Office said the death is not suspicious and that Weber appeared to have died because she was unable to breathe in that position.

Blog Entries

could she have said "help"???
    Not if she died instantly...
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Could she have said "help"???
    I took it not being able to breathe means she couldn't call out.

Another behavior that happens around my house sometimes is people not paying attention. I have hollered at the top of my lungs to my wife and son for help before and they later claimed they couldn't "hear" me.

Course, in that case the reason they couldn't "hear" me might have something to do with the person calling .
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Not if she died instantly...
    Yeah, she probably died instantly on the fall so It wouldnt have mattered if they found her right after it happened, she would have still been dead.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

" Family members scoured her room for clues but found nothing, though they did notice a strange smell. "

what a bunch of idiots,something smells fishy about this, you tell me they scoured her room and can't find a 65 inch 100 lb. oject? her room must have been the size of the superdome.
    "If it Bleeds We can Kill it"

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman455 View Post
    " Family members scoured her room for clues but found nothing, though they did notice a strange smell. "

what a bunch of idiots,something smells fishy about this, you tell me they scoured her room and can't find a 65 inch 100 lb. oject? her room must have been the size of the superdome.
    Well what if they went looking for her like they where looking for a person? I generally don't look for people under bends or behind dressers....

Blog Entries

I wounder what they did for all hollows eve?

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by jiaguy View Post
    Well what if they went looking for her like they where looking for a person? I generally don't look for people under bends or behind dressers....
    if I was looking for someone in thier bedroom,those are the first places I would look.
    "If it Bleeds We can Kill it"

A freak accident occurring because of a complete failure to think about safety first. Listen to what they're saying. She climbed a dresser to lean over the top of a six foot bookshelf to adjust some TV wires. What part of this sounds like a good idea to someone? She fell six feet onto her head in an enclosed space.

Also, Desert Rat has a point. It seems that these days, nobody pays attention to screams or call's for help. We seem trained to mind our own business entirely too well. Maybe it's because TVs, Radios, and video games are so constantly bombarding us with the sounds of chaos that we've become oblivious.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Thread Information