Thread: Ruiz vs. Toney: WBA championship fight

SFG75 Guest

Default Ruiz vs. Toney: WBA championship fight

This is a tough fight to pick. Ruiz won a sloppy victory against Andrew Golota. Toney is older, tore his achilles heel, fought once since he TKO'd Holyfield. Both guys are not that impressive, but nevertheles my prediction is.........

Ruiz by decision

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

very boring fight. lighter weight fights are much more fun to watch. However i would love to see toney fight Vitali, toney would get killed.

SFG75 Guest

Well, I should keep my day job and not plan on make a living picking boxing fights.

-Toney got him.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

My favorite line of the article?

With a cigar in hand and the WBA championship belt displayed above him, James Toney wasn't disappointed he didn't completely fulfill his promise.
    I seriously wonder what kind of cigar it was......I'll have to do some sleuthing on the net and see what I can find.

Here's a pic of fatboy walloping Ruiz.

Call me a pessimist QuietC, the heavyweight division is so pathetic that a true middlweight can bloat his way up to make weight and effectively take out a guy who is obviously the "true" heavyweight. Toney becomes only the third middleweight to ever win the heavyweight title during their career. I totally hear ya though. Watching two muscle-bound guys stand in front of each other as if their feet were in cement blocks, slugging away at each other is nothing compared to watching a sizzling middleweight fight.

"I totally hear ya though. Watching two muscle-bound guys stand in front of each other as if their feet were in cement blocks, slugging away at each other is nothing compared to watching a sizzling middleweight fight."

i think muscle-bound is kind of pushing it haha. But yeah i think vitali is the only good heavyweight out there now, maybe just cuz i'm a fan, oh well. I wanna watch the winky vs. trinidad fight and the gatti vs. mayweather. Go Winky and Gatti!..Ghatti whichever it is.

SFG75 Guest

Seeing this heavyweight division of clowns, I'm eerily reminded of the state of boxing between the Larry Holmes and Mike Tyson years. You had guys like Tim Witherspoon, Pinklon Thomas, Tyrell Biggs........god, talk about a roster of mediocrity. It's enough to make a person become an ice skating fan.

Thread Information