Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not so Good News

Sorry to read the news bro, I hope you find another position soon. I wish I could be of help, but we both know my academic location does nothing to help you
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

bigpoppapuff Guest

bad news,dan....any thoughts on a move to another city??..
    let me know if you're thinking bflo...i'll see how i can help...

3. Default

Damn...Bad luck it is. Something better will come along. Give your old boss one of these for me...

Tough break, Dan. As these folks point out, things happen for a reason, even if they do not seem to at the moment. Something better will come along.

I thought you mentioned a while back that you were going into the cigar biz. Is that still an option? Or was this the cigar job?

Until your good news comes, you will be in my prayers.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Sorry to hear that Dan. At least you still have a positive attitude. Hopefully it will turn out for the better in the long run. Let us know if you run low on cigars.

Dang Dan, sorry to hear that. I have a lot of people close to me get out of their jobs, but on their own accord. GF quit her job a few months back, but she found a WAY better job with way more money. Same deal with my brother. You will find the same.

A lot of good companies are looking for well trained and educated people. You'll have multiple interviews before you know it.

Give me your boss's address, I'll go slash his tires and his nephew's too!

-Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post

I thought you mentioned a while back that you were going into the cigar biz. Is that still an option? Or was this the cigar job?
    Me and you. Cigar Shop. Talk to my people and we'll get the ball rolling.

Best o luck Dan! As for advice and counselling I can only echo what others have said... so I won't

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Did they give you a generous seperation package? If not, and they have no legitimate reason to fire you, wait until the nephew gets in and sue them for wrongful termination. Settle out of court for a little extra cash.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

I thought about it but I think since it was a private company and I did not sign any contracts to start work there I doubt there is a way to sue

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth View Post
    Did they give you a generous seperation package? If not, and they have no legitimate reason to fire you, wait until the nephew gets in and sue them for wrongful termination. Settle out of court for a little extra cash.

that really sucks. you should talk to a lawyer just in case. you never know if you have a case till you try.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by mithril View Post
    that really sucks. you should talk to a lawyer just in case. you never know if you have a case till you try.
    It all depends on whether NY is a "right to work" state. But if it were me, I don't think I'd want to work for the guy anyway. If you do get your job back there are a hundred ways that he can goad you into quitting And if there are any damages, they're usually limited to actual losses. It sounds like it's just best to let it go and find something different (i.e., better.) In the mean time, file for unemployment. He's gotta pay for it until you find something else.

Thread Information