Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did this happen! ?

The foothills of the Sierra mountains about 50 miles west of Lake Tahoe.

Default How did this happen! ?

OK, I only started smoking cigars a little over a month ago. Just a few minutes ago DHL came by with my latest purchase from the Devil Site: 2 double blade cutters and a 5 pack of CAO Brazilla Gol!

So I open up my humidor and guess what?

There's No Room!

Between sampler packs, Cigarbid madness, Montecristo free cigar websites and the Newbie Exchange, I've got more cigars than I can fit in my humble humidor! How the hell did this happen? Just a month ago it was a simple hobby, all I wanted to do was to have a good cigar every now and then. Then I met YOU GUYS and I seem to have developed an obsession.

Oh sure, you told me that I would need twice as much humidor space as I thought I'd need. You told me I'd have coolers full of cigars soon. But did I listen?

So I pulled everything out of the humidor so I could place them back in neatly and carefully in the hope that they would all fit somehow. As I laid them out I was stunned at how many cigars I've ended up with. Holy Smokes!

It was only a month ago that I was the newbie with his 15 cigar sampler pack and a humidor so empty that you could hear echoes as I closed the lid. All of a sudden I discover that I'm a cigar collector. How did this happen? ( I blame ChefChris. I'm not sure why it's his fault but it seems like the right thing to blame it on him. )

OK, I have to go smoke some of these guys. I'm hooked, I might as well admit it.

bigpoppapuff Guest

you were told...you didn't listen....go get a cooler...NOW!!!

Just wait... I started with about 20 cigars last april -- at last count I'm up over 600 and still growing! And I've given away a shitload and smoked a bunch more. Better get started on that humidor. I hope you have enough exotic wood to make a couple of end tables!

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    you were told...you didn't listen....go get a cooler...NOW!!!
    Listen to Big Poppa. He knows what is good for you.

And yes...GET A COOLER!!!

(thank me later )
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

ha ha, you got nothing man. i'm gonna try and get a camera over here tonite to show you my collection. i'm fixing to have to buy another cooler or plano box or something. either that or start smoking 8 a day instead of 3 a week.

you could always send your overflow to me.

and i'm gonna buy some of these and send em to you just for a laugh.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...SP-01102&cat=7

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post

El Cheapo Extraordinaire!? You are a sick sick man Chris.

If you check the bands on the cigars in my photo you'll notice a consistency of quality that in inconsistent with an El Cheapo.

OK, so what do I have next? The Montecristo white? A Rocky Patel 1990 Vintage? Ghurka Exbidition? Maybe a Nepalese Warrior? Or one of the CAO Gol! Decisions decisions.

Yeah, I was told. But did I listen? [Dru hangs his head and goes shopping for a cooler and some beads]

P.S. No More Cigarbid until 2007! I swear!

P.S. No More Cigarbid until 2007! I swear!
    2007 is less than a month away!
    I am already looking for another humidor.....i will be in tampa in a month...should be able to find one there!

you could always send your overflow to me.
    Wait a minute, I thought I did!

those don't count. shhh.

What are your favorites from your stash?

Quote Originally Posted by cls515 View Post
    What are your favorites from your stash?
    Ya know, I've only smoked about a dozen different cigars (which is also about the number of cigars I've given away as gifts or as bombs) I liked the Don Kiki Red. Chris has been after me to try the brown label. I liked the Cuban Crafter cabinet selection. I've smoked a few 5 Vegas and Perdomos that were pretty mild, but I liked them. I think I'll try a Ghurka Expedition tomorrow and see how I like that. The Nepalese Warrior has such a strong aroma that it's almost scary to think about actually smoking it. The Monticristo white label smells amazing. I'd like to try that one.

I guess I'm saying "I don't know yet". I've only smoked 3 cigars that made me think "Never again". The other all had different characters about them that I enjoyed.

Great picture of your stach. I was looking at it and my mouth starting to water... so yeah, I know the situation your in.

14. Default

Looks like another cigar junkie has admitted his problem. Buy a cooler and some beads.

Dru, I think you joined here only a couple of days before I did but it looks like we're both noticing an addiction at the same time. Between the two samplers my girlfriend bought me (which are both almost gone), the newbie sampler I got from cigarsarge and C-BID my 150 count humidor is FULL after only one month. I purchased a 20 bundle on CBID which barely fit into my Humi when it arrived yesterday. I guess I better get off the computer and start making room for the box of smokes I won off CBID last night!

I joined this site and bought a humi to save myself an extra buck when I have my 3 smokes on the weekend, but look what it has become! I have mixed feelings about CBID ...but in the end its always

BTW, I swore to myself I wouldn't buy another Humi, a cooler, or make another CBID purchase for at least a month when I make more room. I'll keep everyone updated!

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

The second step, buying a cooler, has already been mentioned.

I don't know how many steps this program has, but I'm sure it's more than twelve.

dru, i wouldn't mind seeing a newb review on your gurkha expedition, i received one through the newb sampler thread and would love to have something to compare it too

-boom

ps - i'm in the same boat you're in... and i'm not complaining

dru, i wouldn't mind seeing a newb review on your gurkha expedition, i received one through the newb sampler thread and would love to have something to compare it too
    It turns out that I'm driving a couple hundred miles to Palo Alto today. I don't want to smoke in my truck because I'll be dealing with people later today and I don't want to smell like a cigar. So I'll wait until Sunday for the Ghurka Expedition.

But yeah, In honor of Boomshay's request I pick the Ghurka Expedition as my next smoke.

Mmmmm, I think it's going to be yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post

Has anyone actually ordered this sampler? I wouldn't order it for myself but I'm curious if it is even worth buying just to have extra cigars handy for my cheap ass friends who show up empty handed on poker night? Would it be too much punishment handing them a cigar from this sampler?
    ~PackinHeat~

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. "
    -Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information