Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: we've seen pictures of your humidor, of you smoking.....lets see your pc/desk

Default My rig.

Get too much blur from the monitors to have them on when taking a picture.

Anyway, this is my home system. I can't work with anything less then dual monitors even at home, since I work on a triple headed machine at work and a backup/testing system with dual monitors. Gotta love the military and their year end spending. I'd love to post pics of my work setup but I can't even bring a cell phone into the environment that I work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	desktops.jpg 
Views:	543 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	470  
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvin View Post
    Get too much blur from the monitors to have them on when taking a picture.

Anyway, this is my home system. I can't work with anything less then dual monitors even at home, since I work on a triple headed machine at work and a backup/testing system with dual monitors. Gotta love the military and their year end spending. I'd love to post pics of my work setup but I can't even bring a cell phone into the environment that I work.
    Dude, I love Henna tattoos! They are definately not for wusses.

Default Sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    Dude, I love Henna tattoos! They are definately not for wusses.
    Sorry Chris, but henna is definitely for wusses. Tattoo's are all about the pain, the ink is just a souvenir.

Last edited by Corvin; 01-28-2007 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Added the picture.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

tattoos are too much of a commitment. I'd rather go to the henna shop, get a nice tribal dragon in between the shoulder blades, and be set for 2 weeks.

5. Default

Sorry Chris, but henna is definitely for wusses. Tattoo's are all about the pain, the ink is just a souvenir.

Just what the fuck does this have to do with anything about your pc desk? If you want to post this shit I'm sure there are places for it.

Nobody here is impressed with you masochistic bravado bullshit. Take your take on things and go fuck yourself with it.

Go post someplace else man or hold out your hand because you're fixin' to get your nuts handed to you. You oughtta like that.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Wow, apparently I suck at the internet.

Someone made a comment about a sticker I have on one of my monitors and I made the mistake of replying and explaining how I felt about the subject and not one but two senior members of this board take it upon themselves to ask for my head.

So thank you both for pointing out the error of my ways so gently and in a manor appreciated by all true gentlemen.

8. Default

Someone made a comment about a sticker I have on one of my monitors and I made the mistake of replying and explaining how I felt about the subject and not one but two senior members of this board take it upon themselves to ask for my head.

So thank you both for pointing out the error of my ways so gently and in a manor appreciated by all true gentlemen.
    Did you in your wildest dreams think any body here would want to see that shit. This place is about cigars. It is not a place to post pics of your stupidity in action.

No body asked for your head...YOU offered it up.

this is why i dont fear the canadian army
    Colts 2007 Superbowl Champs
    all those in denial.......

Isn't this still a cigar BB ??
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Did you in your wildest dreams think any body here would want to see that shit. This place is about cigars. It is not a place to post pics of your stupidity in action.

No body asked for your head...YOU offered it up.
    Sarge is right..... you are wrong..... suck it up !!
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

12. Default

This makes you a bad ass? It looks like you are about to squirt some little girl tears to me. Sorry dude but tats are just ink in the skin to me. I can dig and admire the ones I see on people but it aint for me. Fish hooks in your back just seem like stupidity to me
    The older I get ,the better I was

Default I'm done.

I've changed the link to the photo that everyone seems to be unable to deal with. And I'm finished with this thread. I've explained myself here and I don't feel the need to explain anything further.

Although for the truly morbid out there you can pm me for a working like to the suspension picture that got all this started.

bkcloud

it is a cigar bulletin board. The purpose of the thread was to show off the places where we post to the cigar BB. As a newer member I dont mind people showing off hobbies, pics of kids, etc. I think it besets the personality of the member. However, I do believe that picture may be inappropriate for most. He was responding to comment that Chefchris had made. It was not like he just posted a random picture hijacking a thread. It would be like someone making a bondage comment and I post a picture of my wife in leathers slapping my ass with a whip. Now, let me follow that statment that I am not into bondage by any means. It was used as a reference. I am about as conservative as Rush Limbaugh. Although I have been married for two years and Rush probably gets more action than I do.

No... you made the mistake of putting up the picture of some dipshit hanging from some fish hooks. While I can't speak for everyone here, a lot of us "gentlemen" on this board have young kids that don't need to see that kind of stuff. I'm not sure how I would be able to explain to my son why some dumbass attention whore wanted to impale himself with fish hooks. On top of that, I do most of my browsing on this forum from work when things are slow. I don't feel like explaining it to a coworker either.

If you want to post pics of something that may not sit well with some folks. I would suggest either posting a link to it with a disclaimer or putting NSFW beside it. If you want to do that kinda shit to yourself and think you're more of a man for doing it, go right ahead. I'm sure there are more than a few other forums dedicated to that sort of shit. This isn't the place for it.

Why don't you take down the picture or link to it.

The foothills of the Sierra mountains about 50 miles west of Lake Tahoe.

btw i like parsec's scarface wallpaper......that is straight out of frank's office with the hidden door. I need that wallpaper!
    Hey, it came with the house. I just never got around to taking it down. Although I had seriously considered turning the office into a Tiki Bar theme.

I like it....i wasnt joking!

the problem was with you posting a suspension picture. Which may be unsettling to some people or their kids. No one was expecting a picture like that in this thread, and It would probably have been better received in a thread about hobbies or something, and setup as a link with a caption saying what it was.

Just a case of people reacting differently then the poster expected

suspension can be considered "some dipshit hanging from some fish hooks." by some, to the practitioners it is often a very spiritual and meditative experience.
    and I suggest anyone curious about it check out the wikipedia article, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspens...odification%29 and there are no pictures of actual suspensions on the wiki, but probably are on some of the links at the bottom.

and to get this thread back on topic...

heres my work computer... I do tech support part time for my university... dont get paid nearly enough for putting up with what we have to... but at least I get two monitors...

and please note the juggling balls and the paper clip trebuchet that live on my monitor

I'll post some pics of my rig at home when I get a chance.
    -=JStrider=-
    ~a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke. -- Rudyard Kipling

~Clatto Verata Nicto

back before i got my new mobo and a second video card, it also has an x-fi platinum in it now

il be building a new one once amd's 4x4 comes out

i've got the same speakers as you flippity, quite a bargain for the price

Thread Information