Thread: we've seen pictures of your humidor, of you smoking.....lets see your pc/desk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by EGQ View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion -- from what I can tell, their custom units will price at less than what I paid for my Dells and be better equipped. This is for Dell:
    Price tag on that system is probably 2500 without the processor. The processor I got from a special deal with Intel. The Core 2 Extreme processors run close to $1000 but I got it for much less. Other than that I spent about 1000 on the watercooling and 600 on the mother board and ram. Velociraptors run about 300 and the case itself is about 200. Video cards were about 250 each but there are nicer ones now for that price. For the most part my PC has been a work in progress since 2004. The case is so nice there is no need to upgrade it but getting all the watercooling working together and cable managing took hours of custom work with a little bit of trial and error. This computer has seen two different motherboards, two different processors, four different video cards and four different hard drives. Every couple of years I do an upgrade to keep it up to date.

There's not a whole lot of companies that will have a water cooled system like this for sale. The ones I know who would are Falcon Northwest and possibly Alienware. Voodoo PC also has a crazy system with a watercooling setup. What you could do is get a system from CyberpowerPC and get someone to upgrade it with watercooling. I would be more than happy to help you out with that since I find joy in installing/configuring these kind of setups.

Let me know if you're interested or have any questions, I'll be glad to consult you on specs as well.

Blog Entries

Gotta love those Lian-Li cases.

Very tidy looking rig
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Thread Information