Thread: A couple of good men

Thumbs up A couple of good men

I just wanted to stop by and give some well deserved praise for a few of the good men of CigarSmokers.

First, DieselGrinch. I started a cigar draft on my home board and it went very well. One of the reasons is that I was able to learn from Mr. Cigardraft himself and his three draft threads. His good work provided the guidance I needed to set things up and keep it rolling. We had two parallel drafts of 12 players each with a 6-stick buy-in. That's 144 sticks and picks to track and pack. And this brings me to good man #2.

CgarDan. When I posted for interest, the response was overwhelming. Whereas I initially thought a single 8-10 man draft would meet the need, I heard back from almost 40 members. I wanted to accommodate as many as I could but knew that with the end of the semester approaching, my time would be very limited. And so up stepped Dan. Now with a co-captain, I was able to split the pool into two 12-man drafts which is double anything that had been tried before. Still, I admit I was shitting a brick about jumping into the deep end on the first try.

Now as you may know, right around this time Dan got the shaft at work and suddenly found himself in a bad way. I spoke with Dan and made sure that he was still wanting to run the Bravo Draft and he said yes. What a guy. And then earlier this week, I had the pleasure of herfing with Dan in NYC and after that, I knew that Bravo was in good hands. And Dan proved me right. His 12-man draft finished all 72 picks including 12 mystery sticks and 2 make-a-deals in a stunning 26 hrs 1 minute. Unreal!

Finally, I'd like to acknowledge BkCloud114 for stepping in and speaking up with the voice of experience when things got confusing and convoluted.

So my holiday season has gotten of to a rocking start and it's due in part to a few great botls from this fine board. Thanks to CSmokers for raising 'em right.

Wilkey

It's all a ripoff, Wilkey!!! DieselGrinch stole the idea from Snobs!!!

But actually, every draft pass I've been involved in has been fantastic!!! I can't believe the response on CigarPass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    It's all a ripoff, Wilkey!!! DieselGrinch stole the idea from Snobs!!!

But actually, every draft pass I've been involved in has been fantastic!!! I can't believe the response on CigarPass!!!
    Yeah, I read the two Snobs draft threads too and cited them in the big solicitation thread.

The interest was amazing. I'm still shaking my head at the fact that it went so smoothly. And I didn't even cross my fingers once. Now comes the part I both dread and will enjoy; packing up all the cigars and shipping them out. Felicia at the USPO is going to be rolling her eyes something fierce.

Wilkey

You're absolutely right Wilkey - a couple of standup guys. For personal reasons, DG dropped off the board awhile back - we miss him. CDan has done nothing but make this a better place.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

I second Wilkey's coments. He really did his homework for the CP draft. I thought the information and explanation of the draft process was outstanding. Lots of people on CP were new to the draft(including me) and he handled it like a champ.

Wilkey, you did a great job running the draft and made an excellent choice by having Dan run the bravo draft. Dan has run several fun and successful passes over here. Bkcloud114 is always a stand-up BOTL as well.

6. Default

This is not one of the largest boards on the net...But it's one of the best. We've got some excellent quality folks.

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    You're absolutely right Wilkey - a couple of standup guys. For personal reasons, DG dropped off the board awhile back - we miss him. CDan has done nothing but make this a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    This is not one of the largest boards on the net...But it's one of the best. We've got some excellent quality folks.
    Yep and Yep!

Also, Wilkey-- Thanks for the draft over at CP. I had a great time.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Wilkey, thanks for the kind words. To be honest I love this hobby and everything related to it. So helping out with the draft was a lot of fun. Thanks for having the confidence and entrusting me with the task

Thread Information