Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Morning BOTL / SOTL, Just a little post padding

Quote Originally Posted by jiaguy View Post
    I hate tatoo touch ups, I got mine done and didn't take too good care of it and the artist made damn sure I knew his displeasure at not taking care of the healing tatoo. I think I have ink in bone under my shoulder blade.
    ya, you gotta take care of that crap. i know it's a hassle. when i was getting my leg worked on, it was winter time and i had to keep A&D ointment on there constantly while wearing jeans. gross. now i'm having to go through it all again. two weeks of healing, then get more done. it's a vicious cycle.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

well, my tattoo artist called in sick today. rescheduled for tomorrow.

my boss is sitting next to me and cannot stop fallin asleep. it's so freaking funny. his head drops real hard and it wakes him up, then he shakes his head like he's ashamed of himself. i've been seeing how close i can get with my picture phone.

too funny.
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

well, got worked on last nite. we only made it an hour and a half. he still wasn't feeling real good. got the bottom half done. i got another appointment tomorrow to work on the top of my arm. in my opinion, the worst part of tattoos is the week after, not actually getting it. it feels like a huge burn injury and you gotta keep gooey sticky A&D ointment on it at all times. sucks.

Here in England we are enjoying 70-80 mph winds which have kind of killed all the trains that I can use to get home from work, this evening is going to be fun (not)
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Well, we've had 2 days of above freezing temps here. Feels like a damn heat wave. Getting ready to leave for Ireland in a few days... hopefully they won't have any snow.

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe View Post
    Here in England we are enjoying 70-80 mph winds which have kind of killed all the trains that I can use to get home from work, this evening is going to be fun (not)
    Yeah stjohn, ya'll are having wind there like never before. Crazy.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Currently just below 60 right now and suppose to jump to the low 70s while tonight we'll dip back into the 50s.

I have 3 more hours here in the office and then I'm off to meet a buddy for lunch followed by a huge convention for work down by the tourist trap areas. I have a couple friends that work down that way so I'll probably drop in for a drink or two, maybe hit Corona Cigar Bar, or possibly end up seeing the chick I went out with Wednesday for a 2nd date. At this point it's all up in the air and I'm good with that.
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

I took half a day off yesterday, to go to the torture chamber. Aka dentist. I hate that ultrasonic thingie. Feels like gettin the icepick in the forehead. Made use of the time off, and went to the B&M which was having - Bolivar day. That was pretty nice. Free cigars. Watched some TV, smoked a nice smoke, and forgot about that icepick.

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe View Post
    Hey dude,

everything o.k. over the pond there? Did you make it home safe?

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

My boss is a jackass. Ok, so he walks in at 2:45 and I finally get to go to lunch at 3pm. Marcus, my coworker, decided he needed to leave at 4 to take his son to the doctor for a prescription. What Hal doesn't know is that his wife didnt go to work today. Plus last time he gave this excuse we caught him in a lie. So Hal lets him leave no problem. This guy works maybe 2 whole days a week. He's either late, or comes up with an excuse of why he needs to leave early. So anyone, he let's him go no questions asked. Right when he leaves Hal asks me why we didn't have anybody come in this morning. When he comes in, he checks the reciepts from any transactions we've made to see if we've been busy. The thing is, the majority of the time someone comes in, they won't pay anything on their first visit whether it be because they want to see a proof or some other reason. I took some pretty large orders today, but he doesn't know because they have not paid. Anyways, he asks why we weren't busy. Like that's under my control. Does he think I just lock the door and hide until he gets there? He's treating me more untrustworthy everyday.

He also made a pretty racist comment a while ago. There was a guy that came in and ordered something and put it on another account that we have with a company. Well, the invoice got sent back and so Hal went on the prowl. Come to find out the dude doesnt work for the company, just hangs out in the back and uses the internet. But before we find out that this guy even hangs out there, Hal looks at me and says, "Was this a black fella?" I couldn't believe it. What does that matter? Not the first time he has said something of this nature.

On a lighter note, I'm getting more work done today on my arm.

I think this thread should be renamed "Read Chris' Rants About His Job and Tattoo Updates"

11. Default

I actually got off work on time today...First time this week. Had a 14 hour, one 12 hour, and two 10 hour work days till today. One day they will hire enough people until then I'm the king of overtime.

Going out to eat with the wife...Then I'm gonna crack open a bottle of rum and relax.

I know what you're talking about Ken. I work at least 10 hours per day most days, and 11-12 hour days sometimes. It gets old, but it's a decent job, so I just keep plugging as much money into my 401K as I can afford and dream of retirement in 5-10 years.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Well, sat in the chair for 3 hours last night. It was rough. We got all the coloring done except for the banners and all the filler stuff that's gonna make all the different pieces flow together. 7 hours total so far. Now I gotta go to practice in a couple of hours and then go to Oxford for a Colour Revolt show. Playing drums with a gimp arm should be interesting. Fixing to eat something and have a smoke. Maybe right a review, those are fun.

Oh, at the tattoo shop they have 2 Thompson's magazines. Man those guys are way overpriced. I saw a box of Sancho Panza DBL MD in there, they were asking $60. I paid $35 for the exact same size. They have alot of ridicolous brands in there too. Won't be buying from them anytime soon.

I have run myself ragged this last week between work and being a rocker dad. My son had 4 hour practices all week including a dress rehearsal on Thursday. Last night was the first of three Corporate Rock shows which went very well. Relatives and work friends to entertain and the biggest of the shows tonight.

Then we start all over again next week. Thank goodness, not at this same pace for a couple of months. He will be assigned either Aerosmith or The Doors for the next event.

He is developing into a fantastic guitarist so I had to take a minute to express my pride! He is a great kid with honor roll grades so I find it easy to support the music habit. Thanks for reading and have a fabulous weekend all...
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

So I have been working, and working, and working the past two weeks to the point that I'm dreaming about the work, the people I work with - and it's affecting my sleep, the QT with the better half, and, more importantly, my active participation. (scowl)

Hopefully this week will be better before the fire gets turned back up.

Yeah, I'm being a little vague - but as I've found out, and am continuing to not be surprised - it's a really, really small world - and once it gets on the internet, it's there forever (you get that chuggie?)

Thank you for your 30 seconds. That is all.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Cigars have been making me feel weird in my stomach lately. I think I Was getting over being sick previously. Now I am just curious as to why I am feeling funny with my normal sticks. I guess I may still be slightly sick.

Oh well....I'll be back to normal soon I hope.

Off to Ireland in about 45 minutes... see you all next month.

Blog Entries

Good Morning All,
    Have a hectic month ahead of me, trying to evaluate new software for the company. Lots of demos, meetings, dinners, etc.....with a crap load of salesmen. Oh well, maybe the display of cigar bands will give the sales guys a hint and they will attempt to bribe me with cigars.

Had a Punch london club maduro on the way to work this morning, was very good, but still a little wet as I just got them on Saturday....need to let them rest a bit, but with new cigars, I just don't have the discipline. Seems like I always have to open the box and have one within a couple of days.

Hope everyone has a fantasatic day!!

Well, it's 9:15am and the coworker is still not here. It's a rainy, dreary day. I enjoy days like today though. Got my drum set in yesterday. Found out that they didn't ship the module (thing that makes the noise) with the set, but she said it should be here today. My dryer's heating has gone out. I have no clean underwear or anything for that matter.

Coworker got yelled at yesterday for smoking in the bathroom. I honestly don't know why my boss keeps this guy around. He started at the end of November and has missed 8 days already. Plus, he's often late, like today, or leaves early. He's been caught lying and smoking in the bathroom. Hal has given me a hard time about much less, like getting caught by a train, which was totally in my control. He just all around doesn't trust me. I have never done anything to make him suspicious. It's frustrating to not be treated equally.

Anyways, hope you fella's have a good day.

Hosted a SB party yesterday. Had a great time with good friends, although I didn't get to watch the game. It amazes me how many new friends we make each year. Had about 40 people show up. The best part is that the house is still in one piece.

It's gonna be above 50 degrees and sunny today. In Colorado that translates to a beautiful day. I'm gonna be smokin' a cigar outside this afternoon and watching some of this snow melt!

Thread Information