Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Morning BOTL / SOTL, Just a little post padding

Going to warm up some left over chinese and head out to bed bath and beyond to pick up a "burr grinder" for all my Killer beans. Been hesitant in buying a grinder tillI found $200 worth of gift cards I overlooked from our wedding. WOOHOOO

Blog Entries

Good Morning All,
    I'm in Newton, MA today.....a long way from home for this country boy, going to meetings and tours related to a software project we are working on. Damn, things move pretty fast here, and the Sheraton I am staying in is built directly over a 6 lane highway...not sure which one it is, just that it is busy all the time. Not a good sign when there is a package of ear plugs next to your bed!!

Fired up a Punch London Club Maduro and am having it with my coffee while I type this. I really enjoy this smoke, it never lets me down...I always know exactly what to expect from it. Our meetings let up at 2 pm today and then nothing until dinner at 6.....may have to go exploring for a cigar shop.

Anyone have any suggestions on a shop in the Newton, Franklin, area? Looked in the yellow pages and found a couple....just need to google map them and decide if the cab ride is worth it.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

SNOWWW DAAYY!!!

My day got easier because of snow today, even though I live in Georgia.
    Thanks to all the snow in Dayton, OH Wright Patterson AFB is closed and they handle all the bridging for the video teleconfrencing that I'm in charge of at my job.

So they are closed up today and I don't have to worry about that half of my work.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

What the hell is this snow everyone speaks of? Can someone please post a picture?

Everytime I try to Google it I get an error.

What the hell is this snow everyone speaks of? Can someone please post a picture?

Everytime I try to Google it I get an error.

my doggy

and my car, taken from the front door

enjoy (i'm bored)

i believe that's the first basketball goal-on-a-tree i have ever seen. and i live in mississippi.

I think your pictures are overexposed. Everything looks very white.

i believe that's the first basketball goal-on-a-tree i have ever seen. and i live in mississippi.
    i'll assume you're joking (everything's a joke) but to clear it up just in case

altho it would have been a lot cooler if it was actually in the tree

haha, no i wasn't joking. that would have been the first goal-on-a-tree for me.

I'm not exactly sure what it is but that white stuff doesn't grow on stuff down here in Georgia!

And for all you BOTL in the north that are freezing right now, I just got back from lunch and it is bright an sunny outside with a temperature of 70 F. Man I love winter!
    Last edited by SkinnyDan; 02-13-2007 at 12:48 PM.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Keep talkin, Skinny. I've got friends in GA and I know you get snow. The difference is when you guys get snow in the forecast you start to panic, and if you get a dusting then you're shut down for a week or so.

I know, but the last time we got any snow where I live that I can remember was about 5 years ago. And yes if there is any kind of accumulation on the ground here or even a chance everything gets shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyDan View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what it is but that white stuff doesn't grow on stuff down here in Georgia!

And for all you BOTL in the north that are freezing right now, I just got back from lunch and it is bright an sunny outside with a temperature of 70 F. Man I love winter!

Hee hee, me two!! It's going to be pretty cold down here today, the high is in the low 50's, but my sorry ass will still be out there smoking a cigar at lunch for an hour!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Man I love the south, of course come August it will be a whole different story

Father, forgive me for I have sinned. It has been too long since my last confession. Tonight, I lit a cigar with a lighter. I know i know. But I went in blockbuster and came out and my cigar went out and there were no matches to be found. I had to stop by a gas station and dish out 85 cents. I knew what I was doing, but I did it anyway. I have no self-control. Forgive me.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

coors_ca Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    Father, forgive me for I have sinned. It has been too long since my last confession. Tonight, I lit a cigar with a lighter. I know i know. But I went in blockbuster and came out and my cigar went out and there were no matches to be found. I had to stop by a gas station and dish out 85 cents. I knew what I was doing, but I did it anyway. I have no self-control. Forgive me.
    kill yourself now. use said lighter if possible.

- God

john51277 Guest

Well We have been busy at work lately, still sellin cars to the people who lost them in the tornado. I live about 2 miles south of the path of the one which killed 19 people. It is a crazy site to see. The weather sucked last week, and this week is nice as hell mostly in the mid 80's. Next week is the Daytona bike fest. Going to ride over with a few friends wednesday, and probably stay next weekend also. Work still sucks ass though!!

Quote Originally Posted by john51277 View Post
    Well We have been busy at work lately, still sellin cars to the people who lost them in the tornado. I live about 2 miles south of the path of the one which killed 19 people. It is a crazy site to see. The weather sucked last week, and this week is nice as hell mostly in the mid 80's. Next week is the Daytona bike fest. Going to ride over with a few friends wednesday, and probably stay next weekend also. Work still sucks ass though!!
    I haven't been to bike week in years I miss it. But ever since my wife's parents sold their condo 2 blocks from main street with private parking we have never had the motivation to go back.

john51277 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    I haven't been to bike week in years I miss it. But ever since my wife's parents sold their condo 2 blocks from main street with private parking we have never had the motivation to go back.

It can be a pain in the ass. oe of my co-workers has a condo in Ormond Beach, so we can stay there for the weekend and be far enough away to still enjoy it. It has just become too "vendorized"

Thread Information