Thread: New Year's resolution for 2007

Default New Year's resolution for 2007

Let's hear 'em.

Me... Get back in shape. I'd like to be in the same physical condition I was in before my son was born. Right now I'm 6' 1" and 185 - 190 lbs. I'd like to be healthier and back to 180 lbs with more muscle less gut.

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    Let's hear 'em.

Me... Get back in shape. I'd like to be in the same physical condition I was in before my son was born. Right now I'm 6' 1" and 185 - 190 lbs. I'd like to be healthier and back to 180 lbs with more muscle less gut.
    Braggart!!

I need to lose about 35 pounds, quit smokin' cigarettes and let Pauline know what a terrific lady she is more often!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    Braggart!!

I need to lose about 35 pounds, quit smokin' cigarettes and let Pauline know what a terrific lady she is more often!
    Getting more healthy was the main thing. My cholesterol is not the best. I probably need to work on the relationship with the wifey to.

...let Pauline know what a terrific lady she is more often!
    i think this needs to be on everyones checklist. ladies notice things like this, and if you don't VERBALLY tell them, they won't know. Your relationship will increase.

I'm sure you guys enjoy getting love advice from a 22 year old. Believe me, I've had experience.

I prefer to not lie to myself, so...

I resolve to find at least 3 new bad habits that will kill me no later than 65 years of age!

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    i think this needs to be on everyones checklist. ladies notice things like this, and if you don't VERBALLY tell them, they won't know. Your relationship will increase.

I'm sure you guys enjoy getting love advice from a 22 year old. Believe me, I've had experience.
    Are you really that old???

Are you really that old???
    yes, i'm that young.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    yes, i'm that young.

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    Getting more healthy was the main thing. My cholesterol is not the best. I probably need to work on the relationship with the wifey to.

I'm 6' and 200lbs trying to get back to 185lbs. Working out, running on the treadmill, blah, blah, blah. I plan to be there before Spring. On the wifey front, might I make a suggestion for a Christmas gift for you folks to give your significant others...

My wife gave me this last year... She printed information for 15 restaurants that we have not been too. She put the pages in a little packet and gave me the packet for Christmas. I got to pick one restaurant each month to go for dinner. All I had to do was give her the page for the restaurant and tell her the dates I was available. She made reservations, she drove, she paid the bill, everything. This gift was awesome all year long and it gave us some much needed time to spend alone. We are doing the same thing this Christmas, except she is doing six months and I'm doing six months. For my six months, I plan to take her someplace we haven't been, not necessarily a restaurant. Maybe go to a new state park and spend the night in the Inn, etc. We are both really looking forward to it!

If any of you try this idea, let me know how it works out! It was great for us!

Steve
    "Differences can be resolved in ways that are fair to all, but reason must prevail over passion if there is to be a climate conducive to the settlement of disagreements."
    Ronald Reagan in a speech given to the Supreme Soviet, September 17, 1990

Chris, I've been married 2 years longer than you are old! Now back when I was a kid, we had to walk 15 miles to school....

Well I guess my resolution is to get my ass back to the gym. Been paying the monthly fee, I suppose that isn't enough, along with smoking cigars and drinking light beer? Cigars taste real good after a workout. Hey, there's my motivation.

Blog Entries

My resolutions are:
    To be able to exhale through my nose any cigar without crying.
    To continue trying to discern more and varied flavors in cigars, even if it makes me cry.
    To try at least one cigar a week that I have never smoked before.
    To continue to tell my wife, at least once a day, that I love her and would not be the same man without her.

Quote Originally Posted by SideWinder View Post
    I'm 6' and 200lbs trying to get back to 185lbs. Working out, running on the treadmill, blah, blah, blah. I plan to be there before Spring. On the wifey front, might I make a suggestion for a Christmas gift for you folks to give your significant others...

My wife gave me this last year... She printed information for 15 restaurants that we have not been too. She put the pages in a little packet and gave me the packet for Christmas. I got to pick one restaurant each month to go for dinner. All I had to do was give her the page for the restaurant and tell her the dates I was available. She made reservations, she drove, she paid the bill, everything. This gift was awesome all year long and it gave us some much needed time to spend alone. We are doing the same thing this Christmas, except she is doing six months and I'm doing six months. For my six months, I plan to take her someplace we haven't been, not necessarily a restaurant. Maybe go to a new state park and spend the night in the Inn, etc. We are both really looking forward to it!

If any of you try this idea, let me know how it works out! It was great for us!

Steve
    That's a pretty good idea. I may save that one for Valentine's day. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sprangalang View Post
    Chris, I've been married 2 years longer than you are old! Now back when I was a kid, we had to walk 15 miles to school....

Well I guess my resolution is to get my ass back to the gym. Been paying the monthly fee, I suppose that isn't enough, along with smoking cigars and drinking light beer? Cigars taste real good after a workout. Hey, there's my motivation.
    I tried the light beer thing. I wound up drinking more beer. Whiskey is the way to go but I can't give up my beer. We are getting a membership to the gym. I wonder if I can smoke a cigar on the treadmill.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    My resolutions are:
    To be able to exhale through my nose any cigar without crying. suck it up dude!
    To continue trying to discern more and varied flavors in cigars, even if it makes me cry. I have two favorites: pepper and spice
    To try at least one cigar a week that I have never smoked before. Without crying? I likey
    To continue to tell my wife, at least once a day, that I love her and would not be the same man without her. This may lead to her not bitchin about the $ you spend on the new cigar every week, good one.

Hmmm.... Let's see:

1. Quit smoking cigarettes.
    2. Smoke more cigars.
    3. Take a vacation. Haven't had one in probably 7 or so years. Visiting family does not count as a vacation, family can join me though.
    4. Go at least 6 more months before buying a car. (This one's not looking to great, guy across the street has a car for sale calling my name every time I set out to walk to work. I even test drove it.)

I resolve to be myself.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

15. Default

Damn...Resolution time again. I'm not gonna promise to do things I know I ain't gonna do...How's that for a resolution?

I did just get back from the doctor...Lost 20 pounds in the last four months...Gonna try to stay the course. Try being the key word.

Thread Information