Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Divorce

Quote Originally Posted by dHUTCH View Post
    Welp you should be getting a package sometime in the near future so check your mailbox. Almost ran out of room in the bag, inside the box
    Great... that's all I need is to have my mailbox explode now... geeesh.

Thanks in advance, you really didn't have to do that.... I have Guado is going to be bombing me in a major way when I get over to Tampa.

10 hours from now we're supposed to be meeting at the court house.

I just hope everything goes smooth with getting me disassociated from the VW.

Tomm. night I have made plans with 5-7 of my close amigos to go play some pool and blow off some steam, should be a good mid-week refresher. I just gotta figure out what I want to bring with me to smoke.
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

Quote Originally Posted by Loudpipes78 View Post
    Great... that's all I need is to have my mailbox explode now... geeesh.

Thanks in advance, you really didn't have to do that.... I have Guado is going to be bombing me in a major way when I get over to Tampa.

10 hours from now we're supposed to be meeting at the court house.

I just hope everything goes smooth with getting me disassociated from the VW.

Tomm. night I have made plans with 5-7 of my close amigos to go play some pool and blow off some steam, should be a good mid-week refresher. I just gotta figure out what I want to bring with me to smoke.
    I'm only bombing you if we eat Taco bell while your down here. haha

Otherwise just sharing my stash.

Brenham, TX.....home of BlueBell Ice Cream!

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    I'm only bombing you if we eat Taco bell while your down here. haha

4. Default

I read it loudfart78 I dont have any advice but I wish you well. I have been through it too 16 yrs ago. Sucked and I dont even have to talk to her anymore since our daughter is grown. I wouldnt piss on my ex if she was on fire,I'd piss beside her LOL
    The older I get ,the better I was

bombing usually follows taco bell regardless. happened to me yesterday.

had to smoke a cigar on the toilet.

yeah

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    bombing usually follows taco bell regardless. happened to me yesterday.

had to smoke a cigar on the toilet.

yeah

HAHAHA NICE!!!
    - Jon -
    New to the cigar world. Trying to find some good smokes

Another of my passions is jeeps/wheelin

Papers are filed!
    Court date 1/23/07 1:30 pm
    My name is off the VW and she went from
    2004 loaded VW Jetta GLI w/ 6pd VR6 motor, etc @ $354 a month for 36mo
    to
    2002 base VW Jetta no extras at all @ $300 a month for 48mo w/ Gap insurance

It hurt to watch (especially my wallet) but tough shit... it was her choice... she coulda got a cheap arse beater but wanted a Jetta so fuck it.

Off my auto insurance, too.

Only things that are left
    Pets monthly Vet payment we have a "wellness plan" through Banfield
    Cell phone
    Life Insurance (went to do it today, couldn't cuz State Farm misinformed me of details) should be done tomorrow
    Finding the title for the Saturn and making sure it's in my name
    Showing up to court and waving good bye

Stressful day but well... yeah... all the big stuff is done.

Admirable. Many will let this kind of thing drag on and on, to no one's benefit , trying to stave off the inevitable. The sooner the better attitude is really the simplest. Clean & Quick.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

I'm so sorry to hear about your tough times. It sounds like you are doing all the right things. I've been there too, so I know a little about how tough it can be. Keep you head up, IT WILL GET BETTER!

Hey, LP, it drains me too to read the first few pages. I'm glad that I made it to page 5 to see that its almost over for you. Everything I want to say has been said. Good luck. If your up in DC, Philly, or Richmond or Charolettsville VA let me know. I get around a lot.
    edit, if you need some life coaching, let me know. I can also get you set on the new trends.
    Last edited by Cabaiguan Juan; 12-15-2006 at 10:54 AM. Reason: shamless plug.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Blog Entries

Are you sure it will be final on January of 2007? I don't know about Florida but in Connecticut and most other states, your first court date is never your last, it takes at least six months before they will finalize it and this is per state statute.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Being uncontested with no kids, no real property (house), alimony, and less than 5 years of marriage that could be the last court date.

I did a divorce with very similiar situations last year. It was over in a month.

I represented the wife, who filed the paperwork, and the guy didn't even have to come to the hearing. He signed everything ahead of time. The hearing took about 3 mins. and it was done in the Judge's chambers, not the court room.

But that's in NH. Florida could be, and probably is, different.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    Being uncontested with no kids, no real property (house), alimony, and less than 5 years of marriage that could be the last court date.

I did a divorce with very similiar situations last year. It was over in a month.

I represented the wife, who filed the paperwork, and the guy didn't even have to come to the hearing. He signed everything ahead of time. The hearing took about 3 mins. and it was done in the Judge's chambers, not the court room.

But that's in NH. Florida could be, and probably is, different.
    Hmm, if it's that way in NH it probably is in Florida too. The theory in Connecticut is to have a statuatory six month waiting period to see if there's a possible reconciliation. One of my friends filed twice on his wife and before the six months was up, she took him back and they reconciled both times.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    Nice thing about a clean break, uncontested divorce, is if she grovels, pleads and proves herself over time you could always date her again if you choose.

But then again, after you get the paperwork taken care of the and divorce is finalized, you can hit the gym for a few months, build up the confidence, feel good about yourself and then take the new, smoking hot - piece of ass - does it all with a smile girl, out to eat at your ex's workplace.

Because, you still want to be friends, right.
    This is the best! but I am still reading ......oh and I will add here I would have kept the life insurance on her especially if your paying a minimal amount. How can you lose?
    Last edited by cinda; 12-15-2006 at 06:15 PM.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    This is the best! but I am still reading ......oh and I will add here I would have kept the life insurance on her especially if your paying a minimal amount. How can you lose?

I pondered keeping the life insurance policy on her but if she thought about it and changed the beneficiary without me knowing it would be pointless.

January 23rd will most likely be our only court date and that will be that. The current over under line on how long it will take is 15 minutes.

I know CT is different b/c I have a co-worker going through a divorce up there and she can't believe my marriage is going to be over before hers and they've been working on the divorce for almost 5 months.

Trying to make the best out of the cards I've been dealt and go from there.

Blog Entries

I pondered keeping the life insurance policy on her but if she thought about it and changed the beneficiary without me knowing it would be pointless.

January 23rd will most likely be our only court date and that will be that. The current over under line on how long it will take is 15 minutes.

I know CT is different b/c I have a co-worker going through a divorce up there and she can't believe my marriage is going to be over before hers and they've been working on the divorce for almost 5 months.

Trying to make the best out of the cards I've been dealt and go from there.

Yep, I shoulda known our f*cked up state is worse than Florida. I suppose I can see the logic behind the "waiting period" but I really wonder what the statistics are on that, meaning that what percentage of the divorces actually were called off due to a "cooling off" period. My guess is it would be around 5% meaning that why bother?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

I pick over, but not by much. I'm guessing 25 minutes and its done.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Yep, I should known our f*cked up state is worse than Florida. I suppose I can see the logic behind the "waiting period" but I really wonder what the statistics are on that, meaning that what percentage of the divorces actually were called off due to a "cooling off" period. My guess is it would be around 5% meaning that why bother?
    What the cooling off period really does is gives people a chance to remember all the reason why they want the divorce. All the reason why their the injured party and enough time to form a camp, get a lawyer and begin the war. A year later find themselves in the middle of a trial because one or both parties doesn't feel that rotating the child among the holidays every other year is fair. End result kids are rotated between mom and dad and the lawyers fee's just for the trial would put the child though the first year of a really nice college. Bottom line you drive the bus during the divorce and you have a choice to drive it right off a cliff if you choose. You can decide to put your kids though college or your lawyers children though college. Some times the last word is not about getting the china it is about getting out of the judicial system with your self respect and your bank account. Lastly and most importantly for all who have children it is getting though a divorce with your children's mental health in tact. Adult problems should never be children's problems.
    Last edited by cinda; 12-16-2006 at 01:41 PM.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

The current over under line on how long it will take is 15 minutes.

If this includes waiting for your case to be called, then I take the over. If this is just from when the clerk calls your case until the Judge says your done. I'll take the under.

LP
    Take from a man who has been through it four times, It gets better. I have a philosphy about the hard shit we go through and it simply is - This too shall pass. I feel for you man, it is never easy to lose the one you have loved for so many years. Take it from a pro, do what you got to do, walk away and do not look back. Do not waste time thinking about what could have been, instead concentrate on what will be. Good luck bro'

Thread Information