Thread: New Humifier, Tap Water

If hell arrives on Earth, it will be the I-10.

Default New Humifier, Tap Water

I just a new 20 ct humi, and used filtered tap instead of distilled to season it. Would this be a big problem?
    A good book, a cigar, and a nice tall glass of STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan C. View Post
    I just a new 20 ct humi, and used filtered tap instead of distilled to season it. Would this be a big problem?
    If you just placed a dish of warm filtered water in the humidor and let the wood draw the moisture in you will have no problem. If you wiped down the inside of the humidor just once with filtered water you will still be OK, just don't make a habit of it/

Not such a big deal..... for all future water make sure it is distilled water

Get some beads from Cigarmony.com
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Thank you guys! Another question if I may, would you recommend emptying the old basic humi puck, and putting beads in it?

Thank you guys! Another question if I may, would you recommend emptying the old basic humi puck, and putting beads in it?
    I did that with my desktop. Works fine.

The foothills of the Sierra mountains about 50 miles west of Lake Tahoe.

It depends on the size of the puck and whether or not it will hold enough beads to stabilize your humidor. Heartfelt Industries makes little holders for their beads that are about the size of a cigar. For a 20 count humidor you'll only need the smallest one at the top of this page Then you just wet the beads and drop the tube in your humidor and you're all set.

For the beads be sure to only use distilled water though.

Go to Cigarmony.com or just send Mark (N2adventure) a PM. He sells a great product called the Puck http://www.cigarmony.com/index.php
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

The foothills of the Sierra mountains about 50 miles west of Lake Tahoe.

Ah yes, "The Puck" is essentially exactly what you're thinking of building. It's a round humidifier with beads it in. That would be perfect for you.

By The Way. As I have discovered a 20 count humidor, or even a 50 count humidor, is not nearly big enough. Give yourself a month and you'll find that you have more cigars than you have places to store them. (I was going to say "more sticks than you have places to put them" but that sounded rude)

---------------------------

Hi, I'm Dru. I'm a cigarbid addict. I haven't bought anything from Cigarbid in 13 days.
    I'm taking it one day at a time.

No worries there, yet. At least some good came from my Cbid addiction, I got a few good sized humi that will hold all my collection. That is, assuming I can STAY away from Cbid....

No worries there, yet. At least some good came from my Cbid addiction, I got a few good sized humi that will hold all my collection. That is, assuming I can STAY away from Cbid....
    you just purchased an ammo box from the ammunition store.
    you'll be back.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    you just purchased an ammo box from the ammunition store.
    you'll be back.

Thread Information