Thread: Top 10: Most Dangerous Toys of All-Time

Default Top 10: Most Dangerous Toys of All-Time

bigpoppapuff Guest

or.........

Christmas time means lots and lots of toy purchases....here are some NOT to buy...

bag of glass
    tickle me,hitler
    hasbro's "blow up your neighbors porch"
    crushed skull barbie....

Anyone else remember the SNL skit back in the day with the original cast where the toy manufacturer came on the show to defend their products?

I think "Bag o' Glass" was one of their best sellers.

Thanks for the new avatar!!

My favorite most dangerous toys I had as a kid:
    Crossman 760 BB rifle
    Wrist-Rocket (not to be confused with dog-rocket)
    Home-made numchucks (ooooh-ouch)
    home-made throwing stars

Kids have turned into huge pussies now. Even when I was a kid back in the 80s it wasnt so bad. I remember most of that stuff. Lawn darts were awesome! Thats why all kids do now adays is stay inside, watch TV and play video games, its because all the toys suck!
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

7. Default

Remember Clackers...Two walnut sized fiberglass balls with a string connecting them. You would bounce thew balls together with your hand in the middle. They would fly up and down bouncing off each other. They made a loud clacking sound as well as large bruises and chipped bones.

They were all the rage in Jr. High.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    They were all the rage in Jr. High.
    They had Jr. High schools back in the Paleozoic era? j/k

Seriously, speaking of lawn darts we used to play a game called "stretch" with large Phillips screwdrivers. You would toss one up and the other person would have to put one leg where it stuck in the lawn. Then you would toss a second one up, and the other leg would have to stretch to it without moving the first leg. I sent my little brother to the emergency room one time because I tossed one up that landed and almost went through his foot.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    They had Jr. High schools back in the Paleozoic era? j/k
    You think you're so damn clever. Now take this...

10. Default

Oh that’s some funny Stuff! I remember most of those toys. (I hear you can still get the ‘Nuclear Holocaust Lab’ in Pakistan and Iran.)

I had to list some of my favorite quotes from the article.

“Lawn darts were massive weighted spears. You threw them. They stuck where they landed. If they happened to land in your skull, well, then you should have moved.”

“The best part about Jarts was that they eliminated all speculation from true outdoor fun. (Is this dangerous? Hell yes, now chuck it!”

“Sadly, today's underage boys will never know the primal excitement of a summer's evening spent impaling friends before suppertime.”

“Among the banned EZ products were Hangouts Baby Hammocks, or "Baby's First Death Cocoon," woven from thin cotton and nylon strings.”

“Nearly nine million Sky Dancers were eventually recalled, leaving aspiring ballerinas to earn their battle scars the old fashioned way, with an eating disorder.”

“Nothing says safety like an open hot plate.”

"We'll all be gay when Johnny comes marching home!" OMG!!! TOOOO FUNNY!!!

” Presumably, the child on the motorcycle was then taken on a hellish, intestine-twisting scream ride. At one point, he or she would face choices unthinkable except in an Evel Knievel meets Knightrider crossover episode: Do I jump? Or do I ride it out and see if I can clear the gully? Is it sentient? Can it be reasoned with?”

“Dancers are now advised to use the fun sphere for no longer than four hours at a time, which is about four hours longer than any kid should be disco-ing. The real danger here is probably less to dancing children than to the transfixed pot smoker.”
    Operation From the Heart

Support our Troops

www.opfth.com

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name" THE REV. C. H. SPURGEON

Thread Information