Thread: Jackson, Mississippi

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Alright, well we finally headed out and got to Memphis around 4 i believe. Hit up Tobacco Corner, which I didn't particulary like, and picked up an RP Edge. Then went to Cigar Depot and picked a Joya De Nicaragua Celebracion and an A. Fuenta Gran Reserva Sungrown Maduro. After that we went to the mall and went in the Tinder Box and I picked up a Hoyo De Monterrey Dark Sumatra and a Sancho Panza DBL MAD. I convinced a guy to not buy an ACID cigar while i was in there.

While I was in cegar depot i asked about the Joya De Nicaragua, and i knew the line was known for being very fullbodied. He said he thought it was on the fuller side of medium. So i got it. After the mall and all that we got something to eat and headed to Beale St. WOXOF, you should have come man, it was freakin hilarious. We went and sat at that place with the statue and benches, and where the same band is playing everytime we go. Well, we sat down and watched the people pile in. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. These crazy old white dudes danching all sexual, grinding on their fat wives, 70 year old dude doing pushups. I kid you not, there was this guy who couldn't have looked like Slingblade anymore than he did. He had the squinty eyes and the underbite and everything. But here's the kicker, he sits down and watches the band, and whips out this harmonica, but can't play a note. He just watches, talks to the band while they're playing, points aggressively, and tries to play along. He even busted out the air guitar. It was unbelievable. Me and Sarah vowed to at least try to make it up there 1 night a month. It was the most fun I've had out in a while.

During this whole fiasco, I decided to smoke the Joya De Nicargua. Man, that dude was a liar. That thing had bite. Smoked it for probably over an hour, then stood up. Man, i'm telling ya. I probably looked like one of those crazy white dudes dancing. I enjoyed it, alot, but way too full bodied for me. I wouldn't mind getting some in the future. Distant future.

Sounds like you had a good time. I was stuck over at my parents doing the family thing. Downtown Memphis is always entertaining, the free concerts at Court square are usually a hit with the intoxicated crowd.

I agree with you and sarge on Tobacco Corner. It's been there forever, but the selection is small and the owner isn't the most friendly guy. I like the JdN Celebracion, and would also call it medium bodied. You gotta remember that what may be medium to a guy that's over 200 lbs may hit you a little harder if you're 125 lbs soakin' wet.

I'm 155 thank you. Ya, like I said, the JdN was very good, but it punched me right in the face. I even inhaled a little on accident, that was fun. It had a tight draw though, this being the reason I inhaled some. I'd like to go ahead and purchase some and let them rest until i can handle it.

We originally were looking for a karoake bar. Neither one of us have ever been to one. But it seemed they weren't doing it that nite.

Like i said, we plan on going up there every now and then, so I'll have to give you a call so we can meet up, enjoy a smoke, and laugh at drunks.

Thread Information