Thread: Cigarette smokers

Default Cigarette smokers

For all you stogie smokers who are still hanging on to your cigarettes here's one to think about.
    Last nite for supper I decided on pancakes and bacon. After I cooked my bacon I put a couple of dobs of pancake batter on the griddle, kicking up a lot of smoke. Didn't think much of it ,finished dinner and stayed on the computer for a while.
    after about 45 minutes or so I got up to do the dishes, went into the kitchen and couldn't breathe.
    Apparantly my lungs got loaded with co2 and left no more room for oxygen. I have emphysema from long years of cigarette smoking..
    I got a ride in an ambulance and 3-4 hectic scary hours in the emergency room.
    I don't mean to lecture anyone as it makes me mad as hell to get lectured. But I thought it might be helpfull to share that experience.
    WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?----MY WAY

Glad you're ok. Where in TX? West Texas here - Midland/Odessa area.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Sorry about your scare there bud. I'm glad you're OK. Do you curently smoke cigars? I don't want to be a lecturer, but....... you know.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm curious if you smoked a cigar when you were on the computer, before you went back into the kitchen? Also, does cigar smoke have the same effect as bacon smoke on your emphysema?

My dad has emphysema, has lost 1/2 a lung, and wouldn't dream of smoking anything except his great-grandkids' asses when they need it. I'll warn him to stay away from the bacon too.

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Glad you're ok. Where in TX? West Texas here - Midland/Odessa area.

All over, live in a "truck"

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth View Post
    Sorry about your scare there bud. I'm glad you're OK. Do you curently smoke cigars? I don't want to be a lecturer, but....... you know.
    Yea I do . Don't inhale though. Ever here that one before? I am checking up on the co2 output of cigars. If too high , may not be for long. that would be a heartbreaker cause I love-em so and I have about 500 preemies plus a whole lot of others. If I have to stop they are going to the firefighters who literaly saved my "bacon" last nite.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Yeah, I'm curious if you smoked a cigar when you were on the computer, before you went back into the kitchen? Also, does cigar smoke have the same effect as bacon smoke on your emphysema?

My dad has emphysema, has lost 1/2 a lung, and wouldn't dream of smoking anything except his great-grandkids' asses when they need it. I'll warn him to stay away from the bacon too.
    No, I wasn't smoking while on the computer. I am checking on the co2 output of cigars now. As far as the bacon ,it was the smoke along with the co2, they told me any smoke will do.

Quote Originally Posted by hoodere View Post
    All over, live in a "truck"
    Whatever bro. As I said, glad you're ok, and hope you don't have to give up cigars.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Thread Information