Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi, I'm new; don't hurt me.

Awesome picture. I'd love to visit a place like that and enjoy the scenery.

Welcome from TX.

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    Welcome.

Why don't you tell us a little more about what kinds of cigars you enjoy, how long you have been smoking for, etc.
    I've been into cigars since . . . not long. Let me see, April, maybe? Something like that. 8 months sounds about right, maybe less than that. I didn't smoke much until around August, though, so I'm much more of a newbie than 8 months may sound. I got into smoking through some friends at my church up here and found it to be a most remarkable, enjoyable, and relaxing activity.

I generally like a mid-to-full-bodied cigar. I'm hesitant to name a favorite brand because it seems to change so much as I try new things. However, I've been a fan of the Montecristo White Label and the A.F. Hemingways for a while now, so I'd probably call them my "go to" cigars. I tend to alternate between selecting cigars with a 'peppery' taste and an those with an 'earthy' taste. I don't like to have large numbers of any one type on hand, as I perfer to match the cigar to the occaision and the company.

I smoke about 1 stick a week on average, but that fluctuates wildly, depending on time, what's going on, the weather, who I'm around, etc. I like smoking with friends more than smoking alone, so when I'm with smokers, I average a bit more than when I'm around non-smokers.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Welcome!!

Are you at URI in North Kingston? I was just in Newport last night to see a friend's band play (The Booze Brothers) at One Pelham East.
    Nope, I'm in Providence at Brown. I've only been in Kingston a couple times, but I'm somewhat familiar with the area. Everything's so close together up here it all runs together anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    Welcome from a Tennessee boy now in Mississippi!
    Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    Welcome from Guntown, Mississippi ! What part are you from?
    Awesome! I'm from Hattiesburg. It's what you get if you draw a line between New Orleans and Jackson and put a dot in the middle. I spend a large part of my free time in New Orleans, though.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    Welcome, enjoy the boards, and let us know what you like to smoke. And don't worry, noobs don't get hurt unless they come at us with an attitude, act like they own the place or just plain act stupid - none of which you have done yet.
    Thanks, that's comforting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dru Lee Parsec View Post
    "Thunder the wonder puppy" and I say "Howdy" from the gold country of the sierra mountains.
    Gorgeous territory and a beauty of a canine you have there. I have a border collie / terrier mutt named 'Casey.' She looks and acts like a border collie, but she's only about 25-30 pounds full-grown. In my opinion, a great mix, as I love collies, but have not the land to raise one properly. Sigh, maybe one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Several of Y'all
    Welcome!
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! (And sorry for the long post. I just wanted to answer questions.)

Default Thanks!

For some reason, I accidentally double-posted. Sorry.
    Last edited by kbitz; 12-18-2006 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Double Post

bigpoppapuff Guest

ahhh...providence....federal hill,italian restaurants,capriccio,twin oaks,brown univ,and the american tourister sign....nice city....

5. Default

Greetings

welcome! Good intro and followup!

Welcome, nice intro.
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

Welcome from another noob...
    "Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"-H.P. Lovecraft

Thread Information