Thread: Cigar room

Default Cigar room

Going to be building a cigar room the the basement this spring. Anyone have any good ideas or tips? Putting in 2 exhust fans to get rid of smoke, 50cfm each. Also building a 400-500 count humidor into the wall. A couple chairs, a table and a mid flat screen with a dvd player. It's not going to be big, only like 10'x14'. Any suggestions would be great or pics of your rooms.

Welcome COMB2.....

I am sure that many of the BOTLs here will have very valuable information for you.....

Why not take a minute..... fill in your profile and introduce yourself to us.... tell us a bit about yourself
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Blog Entries

Sounds like you're off to a great start!

I would recommend a hepafilter or two, they do a great job eating the smoke! I bought one at Home Cheapo for about $175.00 and it works great.

Oh, also be sure to include an internet hookup for a computer so you can smoke AND post on cigar sites at the same time and maybe a phone line so you can talk on the phone to some of the people you'll get to know here in the future.

One more thing, you may want to consider either making your built in humi either larger or allowing for future expansion. By the time you get done hanging around cigar sites for a couple of years, I can almost guarantee you that your cigar inventory will be 1000+ (Honestly, I'm NOT kidding...).
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 12-19-2006 at 12:51 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

yes, trust me, you'll need to make room for plenty more cigars. if you're making a cigar room, then you need to make room for lots of cigars. i wouldn't clear a closet for my 50 ct humidor. you'll reach 500 easy and you won't want a bunch of coolers sitting around your cigar room. so just make some room for expansion. if you hang around here you're sure to need it.

good luck,
    Chris

what they said! i wish i could make a cigar room in my house. that would be prime
    - Jon -
    New to the cigar world. Trying to find some good smokes

Another of my passions is jeeps/wheelin

Thanks keep them ideas coming. Yea not sure why I was thinking about making a 500 ct humi when I've collected well over 150 cigars in just 3 months of smoking. No hepa just going to get an ozone genarator Ecoquest Fresh Air These things work great. Ozone is 5x stronger than chlorine at killing germs and odors but no strong smell. If you want to kill odors get one of these

If your getting new fans ya might want to step them up to a higher CFM than 50 and go with the utra quiet version from Nutone. Oh and make sure you are direct venting them. Dont tap into yor dryer vent.
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

They are Broan. Same as Nutone. 2 is more than enough for my small space. I'm in the HVAC field btw, got'er under control. Thanks though

Oh and has someone really tapped into the DV before???
    Last edited by COMB2; 12-19-2006 at 05:24 PM.

Welcome to the board.
    10x14, that's a good size room.

Being in the HVAC line of work you probably already know this, but I'll post it here anyway...any ozone generator should be vented to the outside air, as ozone allowed to build up too high of a concentration can cause damage to lung tissue.

Never mind. After checking out the link, that unit doesn't produce ozone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinDVM View Post
    Being in the HVAC line of work you probably already know this, but I'll post it here anyway...any ozone generator should be vented to the outside air, as ozone allowed to build up too high of a concentration can cause damage to lung tissue.

Okay Mr. Know It All, what do you know about what causes damage to lung tissue?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Okay Mr. Know It All, what do you know about what causes damage to lung tissue?
    http://www.epi.hss.state.ak.us/bulle...s/b1997_36.htm

http://healthandenergy.com/ozone_damages_health.htm

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinDVM View Post

Actually, this is from the owners manual:

"Please note: The AWAY MODE should be operated in unoccupied
    areas only. “Unoccupied areas” includes pets. Some pets, like
    humans, may experience adverse reactions from exposure to
    increased levels of ozone and should not be present during Away
    Mode operation."
    This is me! Retail He$$!

I've used that model before. You diffently dont want to be in the same room when it's in sanitized mode (away mode) Strong smell. It basicly works like when it rains on a summer day. Cleans the air up. Smells alot alike too. Like when yo ucan smell the rain right before it comes down. I'll just use it to freashen the place up not run it all the time. It's a great product

You just have to be careful with it around people that have asthma and other lung problems. I've never been able to be around any ozone generator while it is running. My ex-boyfriend would turn his off(he had one tied into his Central Heat/Air system) a day before I would come over and I'd be fine. But I can't be in the same room as most I've seen. The last one was a commercial unit someone tried to demo at the shop I work at.. I was off for 2 days. When I came back, I found out the unit we demoed was for a room 5x the size of the shop. The other 2 I've been around where the Oreck and the Sharper Image one.
    This is me! Retail He$$!

Quote Originally Posted by tampacigargirl View Post
    My ex-boyfriend would turn his off(he had one tied into his Central Heat/Air system) a day before I would come over and I'd be fine.
    Damn, that had to suck. No "pop-ins".

Thread Information