Thread: Lighter-Made in USA???

Default Lighter-Made in USA???

As often as I can, I try to buy made in US products (exceptions-vehicles, firearms, ammo, and of course, cigars). Even when I can't, I steer away from "Made in China" whenever I can (before anyone is offended, it's purely an economic decision, as I have no problem with the people).

Point is, I'm trying to find a US (if not US, then Euro) made torch lighter. So far the only US-made lighter I've found at all is Zippo. I was hoping Colibri was made in UK, but it seems that they are made in China. I'll get a Colibri if there isn't another option, but if anyone has any suggestions, they would be appreciated.

TampaSupremo
    Last edited by TampaSupremo; 12-18-2006 at 11:30 PM. Reason: than-->then
    "Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"-H.P. Lovecraft

How about Vector....... http://www.vectorkgm.com/catalog/tem...plate=main.cfm

You could e-mail them at.... info@vectorkgm.com
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

I use a ST Dupont... it's made in france.

http://www.integral-style.com/

Porsche, Lotus, Bugatti. Made in Switzerland. There's nothing fancy about these lighters, but the quality is exceptional. The lotus 12 is a great torch for about $50. Also the few I've had to send in for repair have a turn around time of less than 7 days.
    This is me! Retail He$$!

xikar.com sells lighters. Wouldn't they be made in the states?
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Default Thanks!

I appreciate the input, folks...I'm looking into all the suggestions. Kinda tired of trying to light cigars with matches.
    "Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"-H.P. Lovecraft

Thread Information