Thread: La Vieja Habana

Default La Vieja Habana

Tried one of these for the first time a couple days ago.

Overall it was average to good for a cheap cigar. Only one complaint . . . when it got down to the last 2 inches (it was a 7 inch stick) I noticed brown stains on my fingers. I looked a the cigar and the punch hole and it had a brown tar-like substance. Never seen that before. Any comments?

All other features such as prelight aroma, construction, burn, draw, and flavor were good.

Without the "tar" issue I would have given this cigar an 84 but because of that I have to go qith a very disappointed 79.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

the other day, i was playing golf and was smoking a RP edge and i was putting and just held it in my teeth. i drooled a bit down the cigar and i wiped it off with my finger and it was pretty damn brown. but i didn't think it was that odd.

i also like these cigar for the price

I've smoked a few of these and haven't noticed this personally. I enjoyed the cigars quite a bit. I guess it's possible I just didn't notice or perhaps it was some abnormality with the stick you smoked. I would still give another a try to see if it is consistant. for the price, those are great smokes.

Thread Information