Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie to the board....

Default Newbie to the board....

Hello everyone! I have been watching in the shadows for quite some time now, and I thought now would be as good a time as ever to introduce myself. I am happy to meet you all and look forward to chatting with you all at some point in time, or another. Hey, now that I come to think of it....

I have a glass top humidor. I have had it for about 8 months. Things were going fine, but just recently I can't seem to keep my smokes nice and moist. They seem too dried out and crack when I smoke them. I try to keep my humidity around 60%-70%, but it won't seem to hold anything above 58%. There seem to be no leaks ( the seal is good ) and the element is plenty big enough. Any suggestions? Thanks for the input and take care guys. ( it's cold outside )

Tomahawk
    " Injustice Anywhere is a threat to Justice Everywhere ......" Martin Luther King Jr.

Welcome.

Search and do the salt test on your hygrometer, and then search and buy the viper beads. Best humidification investment you will make.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

welcome from Texas
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Are you using a solution to charge your humidifier, tap water or just distilled water? You should be using just distilled water. Your humidifier may not be doing its job. They do wear out. Replace it or, better yet, get the beads.

Welcome.

welcome to the boards, from iowa

bigsmoke Guest

Welcome from Canada. There is a wealth of knowledge available here. Pay attention and you will learn a lot. As I have.

Thumbs up

Welcome from Ct. Ditto on the salt test and beads.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Welcome from GA
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Welcome from NYC

I live in an apartment and once he heat comes on in the building the air becomes too dry that messes with the humi ( not too mention our health ) so try to see the ambient humidity in the room the humi is in. If it is less than 55% you might want to buy a room humidifier

Blog Entries

Welcome from Kansas....for sure do the salt test to verify your hygrometer first.

welcome to the board.

Welcome from Maryland.

If your still having problems after you check your hygrometer, and humidification element, it just might be the humidor (I'm personally skeptical of glass tops being able to hold humidity as well as just a normal humidor made of wood).

welcome to the board from SC.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome from the Great White North!

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Welcome from the UK.

Buy the beads and make life easier
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Thanks everyone. I am going to get right on the "salt" test and see what I come up with. But something tells me it's the humidor. Oh well, we'll see. Take care...and thanks again. Tomahawk

" Injustice Anywhere is a threat to Justice Everywhere ......" Martin Luther King Jr.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the board

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Welcome to the board
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Blog Entries

Welcome to CSmokers!

Thread Information