Thread: Newbie to the board....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Newbie to the board....

Hello everyone! I have been watching in the shadows for quite some time now, and I thought now would be as good a time as ever to introduce myself. I am happy to meet you all and look forward to chatting with you all at some point in time, or another. Hey, now that I come to think of it....

I have a glass top humidor. I have had it for about 8 months. Things were going fine, but just recently I can't seem to keep my smokes nice and moist. They seem too dried out and crack when I smoke them. I try to keep my humidity around 60%-70%, but it won't seem to hold anything above 58%. There seem to be no leaks ( the seal is good ) and the element is plenty big enough. Any suggestions? Thanks for the input and take care guys. ( it's cold outside )

Tomahawk
    " Injustice Anywhere is a threat to Justice Everywhere ......" Martin Luther King Jr.

Welcome.

Search and do the salt test on your hygrometer, and then search and buy the viper beads. Best humidification investment you will make.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

welcome from Texas
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Are you using a solution to charge your humidifier, tap water or just distilled water? You should be using just distilled water. Your humidifier may not be doing its job. They do wear out. Replace it or, better yet, get the beads.

Welcome.

welcome to the boards, from iowa

bigsmoke Guest

Welcome from Canada. There is a wealth of knowledge available here. Pay attention and you will learn a lot. As I have.

Thread Information