Thread: Pre Embargo Cuban Cigars

Default Pre Embargo Cuban Cigars

I was wondering what some people thought about the Pre Embargo Cuban Cigars. I have already bought some, and unfortunatley realize I got ripped off (the cigars are spongy and I paid too much for them). I was especially curious if anyone has had a Pre Embargo cigar that comes close to a real Cuban, as I have never had a real Cuban. Does anyone think the Pre-Embargo Cigars are worth it or should I just stick with finding a better cigar (I paid $100 for 5, and by Pre-Embargo Cuban Cigars I mean Cigars with Pre-Embargo Cuban Tobacco not actually made in Cuba)

Just a tip for anyone else out there thinking about makeing the same mistake as me don't buy the Pre-Embargos from Cigar.com as I did.

Pre-embargo would mean about 1/2 a century ago. Storing cigars can and does improve many, but tobacco is still an organic product, subject to natural decomposition. The point of diminishing return, as I understand it, can be anywhere between 6 and 20 years, depending on variables like tobacco used, the roller, storage conditions, etc. But for the most part, I read where 3 years is a nice max storage time, to me, 10 years would be stretching it. But 50? No way, will a cigar resemble anything it was intended after that long.

Sorry you got taken for the c-note. Were it me, I'd ask for my money back. All they can say is "no".
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

3. Default

as I have never had a real Cuban
    I'll remedy that for you in the trade
    The older I get ,the better I was

I’d greatly appreciate that kevin7, It's too bad you couldn't throw in a Columbian about 5' 9", petite with double D's and a firm back side. Oh well I guess we can all dream.

5. Default

Here is a link to a review of an actual pre-embargo Cuban I was lucky enough to smoke...Got a couple more hiding out in my humi. A generous BOTL gifted me these smokes.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/inde...&hl=cigarsarge

Did you buy Pinars from Cigar.com? They are a rip-off. Ghurka says they make a cigar from pre-embargo Cuban tobacco. I've had a few of them. They are just OK...Nothing more.

bigpoppapuff Guest

try these from hex.....they're affordable...pretty good smoke and there IS some PE tobacco in them....

http://www.caminoviejo.com/store/cat...rgo-cubans.htm

Everything about cigar.com sucks.

I actually broke down and bought a pinar from my local B&M out of curiosity and kind of liked it.

Don't remember what I paid for it, and it didn't taste like any cuban cigar that I've ever had, but it was ok. The owner told me he had some big shot general in the store who bought one and promptly returned to buy something like 20 boxes of the things.

I won't be buying anymore of them and $20 bucks a stick is outrageous.

For the Cuban curious, I think it was Kipling who said "Slowly, slowly catchee monkey".
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

Thread Information