Thread: Working on christmas?

Default Working on christmas?

Working on Christmas. I want nothing more than to crack open a kick ass anejo but at work it can become VERY difficult.

Last time I took a nice stick to work I got a call 5 minutes into the stick and did not make it back to my station for a little over an hour.

I guess I will just suck it up and deal with it as much as it pains me.

Well..just venting I guess. Maybe a christmas eve smoke?

For those that do not know I work for Fire/Rescue, I am there for 24 hours starting christmas morning and get off 8am the day after christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    Working on Christmas. I want nothing more than to crack open a kick ass anejo but at work it can become VERY difficult.

Last time I took a nice stick to work I got a call 5 minutes into the stick and did not make it back to my station for a little over an hour.

I guess I will just suck it up and deal with it as much as it pains me.

Well..just venting I guess. Maybe a christmas eve smoke?

For those that do not know I work for Fire/Rescue, I am there for 24 hours starting christmas morning and get off 8am the day after christmas.
    Let me just say that I am glad that people in yours and related professions are always on the clock. Thank you. Sorry you have to miss the big day with your family.

I wish I had to work tomorrow. This would be much more enjoyable than sitting around with my snooty in-law crowd.
    Last edited by slcraiders; 12-24-2006 at 10:57 AM. Reason: spelling
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

No way you can really smoke something "good" while doing that type of work.... Trust me, I know.

I would always carry a package of Backwoods.... I know, I know..... put for the price ya can't beat it

I worked plenty of Christmas Day's and Eve's..... and New Year's Eve.... be careful my friend
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114 View Post
    No way you can really smoke something "good" while doing that type of work.... Trust me, I know.

I would always carry a package of Backwoods.... I know, I know..... put for the price ya can't beat it

I worked plenty of Christmas Day's and Eve's..... and New Year's Eve.... be careful my friend
    I feel better already hearing the name "Backwoods."

I will just take my stogie stow and pack it with Flor De Oliva's and Hoya seconds...Upperclass Yardgars. ;)

5. Default

No work this year...Six straight days off.

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    That sucks, but thank you. Merry Christmas.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Blog Entries

I'm lucky. All the students have gone home for Christmas. We call it exodus. So, no real work for me until the 3rd.

that sux, but thanks for being there just incase you are needed!!

i am on call 24/7. but hopefully i wont be needed. although it is great money to get called in
    - Jon -
    New to the cigar world. Trying to find some good smokes

Another of my passions is jeeps/wheelin

Thumbs up

Sorry I missed this buddy. There is no bigger sacrifice than to be at the beck(sp) and call of those in need. Thank You for being there so that the rest of us can be safe. Merry Christmas Broth er.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Default I know how you feel...

This is the first Christmas I've had off in about 5 years. It just happened that my off days fell on Sun, Mon, Tue. I woulda fought tooth and nail for it his year though since it's my son's first Christmas. My family still lives in Tampa so I'm doubly appreciative of your duty. Be safe and enjoy your off days, man.

TampaSupremo

P.S. Duh! Merry Christmas!!!
    Last edited by TampaSupremo; 12-25-2006 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Forgot to leave Season's Greetings!!
    "Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"-H.P. Lovecraft

Well already had one OD that got intubated and a slew of BS calls for people that want attention!

At least The rain finally let up enough to borrow our neighbors wireless connection to hang out with my pals at CS.com!!

We have had a few tornadoes touch down in the tampa bay area(large area) and massive amounts of rain. Hopefully it will let up enough so i can try to smoke one of my Super premium yardgars! lol

Take care everyone. Hopefully the day will get better!

I hope everyone is having or has had a good time with family/in laws. This can be a very stressful day of the year for many. Just make the best of it and look at what you have and be appreciative!

only 35 more minutes left. Merry belated Xmas and happy National-Return Day to you Eddie.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Woohooo I Am home....and christmas flew past me and scattered some gifts under the tree. Sadly No one is here to watch me open them! Oh well....

Time for me to take a nap, we had rediculously busy day yesterday!

All in All though I couldn't have asked for a better crew to work with and we had a GREAT meal at the station!

Good night!

I'm glad you made it through and didn't have more to deal with, especially with that nasty string of storms.
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

Thread Information