Thread: Interesting tidbit from JR weekly

Exclamation Interesting tidbit from JR weekly

In fact, in the coming weeks and months, you're going to see a lot of "unloading" here at JR as we start to trim our inventories and get ready for what we hope is a flood of new brands from that Island South of Miami!

Our guess (and it's only a guess) is that the days of the embargo will come to an end in the near future. In the interim, we're getting ready for tomorrow, today!
    I hope they're right

Quote Originally Posted by JRas224 View Post
    I hope they're right
    If this ever happens I hope I am in the position to snag a pile of pre-post embargo boxes because the quality is going to go down the shitter (or the price will skyrocket) due to the increased demand.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

3. Default

Years ago when a lot of you younguns were still shittin yellow Lew had thuis scam where you sent him 200$ and he put you on a list where you got first dibs on Cubans when they became legal. He has some delusion where he will be the sole importer and distributor. He is just selling cigars with BS like a used car salesman .
    The older I get ,the better I was

That would be great if the Cuban embargo is lifted. Although I think it would probably take years for the embargo to be removed the way legislation works even if Fidel pased away.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JRas224 View Post

Quote:
    In fact, in the coming weeks and months, you're going to see a lot of "unloading" here at JR as we start to trim our inventories and get ready for what we hope is a flood of new brands from that Island South of Miami!

Our guess (and it's only a guess) is that the days of the embargo will come to an end in the near future. In the interim, we're getting ready for tomorrow, today!

I hope they're right
    Well, they're 100% wrong so don't buy into JRCigar's bullshit.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Those asshats over at JR do all kinds of questionable marketing like this. This is exactly why I don't have a rats fart worth of trust in them.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Years ago when a lot of you younguns were still shittin yellow Lew had thuis scam where you sent him 200$ and he put you on a list where you got first dibs on Cubans when they became legal. He has some delusion where he will be the sole importer and distributor. He is just selling cigars with BS like a used car salesman .

As a Carsalesman, with over 22 years in the business, I'm offended by that remark.

Do I go around comparing JR's bullshit to what YOU do for a living???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 597 View Post
    That would be great if the Cuban embargo is lifted. Although I think it would probably take years for the embargo to be removed the way legislation works even if Fidel pased away.
    Right now if things go as they are planned in Cuba, when Fidel dies, his brother will take over. Raúl is the current acting president.

The U.S. wants to "help Cuba transition from the Castro regime to a free society." Part of that plan is for the United States to offer “prioritized assistance” to a new, transitional Cuban government that presses ahead quickly with free elections. Raul will not allow that to happen.

The U.S. will help Cuba "provided we are asked by a Cuban transition government that is committed to dismantling all instruments of state repression, and implementing internationally respected human rights and fundamental freedoms.” Above all, that transitional government must be committed to free elections within 18 months.

Again, if Raul is in power, he will not allow that to happen. When Castro dies, it will be very interesting to see what happens. I'm just not counting on seeing the embargo lifted anytime soon.

For more info Linky

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jack View Post
    As a Carsalesman, with over 22 years in the business, I'm offended by that remark.

Do I go around comparing JR's bullshit to what YOU do for a living???

"Its so easy a caveman could do it"

It is about time we drag the car salesmen back into the fray. I am tired of all the lawyer bashing.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinDVM View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    Me too...

Thread Information