Thread: Looking for

Blog Entries

Default Looking for

Oliva Master Blends 1. Would like to find a couple of these, but have a suspicion that the price may be very high, and the opportunity to get ripped off just as high. Being a newbie, this is my first foray into the "rare/hard-to-get" cigar arena, so I am somewhat leery about just searching around the net, and unsure as to what a reasonable price would be. The B/SOTL's here seemed like my best first choice to find these.

I had the MB2 for New Years and loved it....will be picking up the MB3 as soon as it hits the shelf at the B/M, so as a collector of things I am now borderline obsessed with finding at least one MB1 to complete my collection.

I don't want to get my head ripped off anywhere, so if anyone has a line on a couple of these please pm me with the details and see if we can work something out.

I wish I did, but all my MB 1's are ancient history, and I just smoked my last MB2 a few months ago. Good luck in your search though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    I wish I did, but all my MB 1's are ancient history, and I just smoked my last MB2 a few months ago. Good luck in your search though.
    Thank you sir for the well wishes in my hunt. I found this site on a google search: www.bonitasmokeshop.com/Oliva%20Cigars.htm if you scroll down the page, they have master blend 1 for $128 box or $8 by the single........seems like a really good price to me....like too good to be true maybe?

Anybody heard of this place before?

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Thank you sir for the well wishes in my hunt. I found this site on a google search: www.bonitasmokeshop.com/Oliva%20Cigars.htm if you scroll down the page, they have master blend 1 for $128 box or $8 by the single........seems like a really good price to me....like too good to be true maybe?

Anybody heard of this place before?
    Well that's about what I paid for my MB2's at my B&M, but I have never heard of this place before, anyone else?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    Well that's about what I paid for my MB2's at my B&M, but I have never heard of this place before, anyone else?
    Thanks cnb!! I got my MB2 Robusto's for $6.75 each and the torps for $8.75.....so yeah, it's close....which really is what makes me kind of suspicious. This is the only place I have found that has them (supposedly) in stock, and I would have thought they would be MORE expensive since they were limited production a couple of years ago and won't be made again. Every other site I have visited has MB2 and MB3, but most don't even have a reference for MB1 any longer or it says out of stock.

Blog Entries

Well, crap, I guess caution and indecision will cost me here. The link I posted yesterday now does not list the MB1....I should have just bought the damn things and took the chance.

Back to the hunt!!

Well, crap, I guess caution and indecision will cost me here. The link I posted yesterday now does not list the MB1....I should have just bought the damn things and took the chance.

Back to the hunt!!

Don't worry, I'm sure cnb will trade you a few when his box arrives.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    Don't worry, I'm sure cnb will trade you a few when his box arrives.
    If anyone here did buy them and is willing to split, I am game for sure.

i didn't order them, but if I did I'd share.

Blog Entries

E-mailed Oliva...got this:
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest. MB1 is no longer available in stores. We are considering a limited release for the fall. I did hear that cigar.com had a few boxes they had put away and may consider selling. Let me know how it goes. All the best for the New Year.

Best regards,
    Jose R. Oliva

Oliva Cigar Co.
    6051 NW 153 St.
    Miami Lakes, FL 33014
    1-888-432-4427

Guess I'll give them a shout. I thought it was pretty cool to get a response from Oliva that quickly........now we'll see if it works out.

Blog Entries

Default Holy Crap

cigar.com does have them......Churchill is the only size available....$349.95 a box ; $20.00 single.........are these prices out of line? I know it is a matter of what it is worth to me to complete the set, too, I just want to get a feel for appreciation.......MSRP for MB3 churchills is $11....so it hasn't quite doubled the price for the current version, and the prices for MB2 at my b/m were very close to the MB3 before discount.

Man, I had forgotten how hard the "collector" bug can bite. I just managed to put an end to my signed hockey puck collection.....but I completed it.

the thing I ask myself is, if i pay that much for a cigar ... can I bring myself to smoke it?
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

It seems they have some robustos here

http://www.cigarsforourtroops.com/ol...terblendi.html

That's supply and demand for you. I'm sure they were keeping it out of circulation just to put a hefty premium on it. If no other B&M or online stores have them, and they have referrals from other stores, talk about cornering the market.

Good luck. Now you've made me want to look for it just to try it LOL!

Andrew

cigar.com does have them......Churchill is the only size available....$349.95 a box ; $20.00 single.........are these prices out of line? I know it is a matter of what it is worth to me to complete the set, too, I just want to get a feel for appreciation.......MSRP for MB3 churchills is $11....so it hasn't quite doubled the price for the current version, and the prices for MB2 at my b/m were very close to the MB3 before discount.

Man, I had forgotten how hard the "collector" bug can bite. I just managed to put an end to my signed hockey puck collection.....but I completed it.

get the box. I'll take a 5'er.

What size cigar are you looking for in the master blend?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cls515 View Post
    What size cigar are you looking for in the master blend?
    I would like to have a couple of Robusto's, since that is the size of the MB2 that I have, and getting that size of the MB3 won't be a problem. That way, the collection would stay consistent. In reality though, I will take what I can get.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    It seems they have some robustos here

http://www.cigarsforourtroops.com/ol...terblendi.html
    Thanks for the link Shelby, although the site says they have them, a phone call revealed that they only had MB2 in churchill size, no MB1's at all. I appreciate you trying to help.

Blog Entries

Default I'm givin' up

on the search for MB1's. I've concluded that there are none available at what I would consider a reasonable price. Only ones I have found available are at cigar.com as listed in a previous post on this thread.

When I was directed to them by Oliva, I contacted them (cigar.com) via e-mail and was told of the availability of 1 box, and told that it was all they had and given the prices. I replied to that mail stating that it was quite a markup from original MSRP, and since they only had 1 box would they still break it up and honor the singles price on their site. The response:

Jamie,

We still have the full box, but we have singles for sale. So eventually we are breaking it up unless someone buys the box first. We received the last 20 or so boxes that Oliva had of these amazing cigars and now we are down to our last one.

(EDITED OUT REP'S NAME)
    Cigar.com
    (800) 357-9800

Well, I waited a day or two, then checked their site again and it now lists the MB1's as discontinued...........so I e-mailed again asking if they had sold the box and all their singles.

Got this today:

I still have a box of the Churchills that I was holding for another customer.

(EDITED OUT REP NAME)
    Cigar.com
    (800) 357-9800

Now they have a box that they were "holding" for another customer. Bullshit I say!! I think for a vendor to hold cigars back like this and jack the price up so high is just crap. I like Oliva cigars, and they responded to my initial e-mail with the suggestion of cigar.com very rapidly......but when I mailed them again with the prices that were being asked, and wanted to know their opinion of the markup and the fact that it pretty much put me out of the market......no response at all.....maybe now I don't like them so much.

What do you all think.....have I made too much of this in my own mind? I certainly wanted to have a 1-2-3...etc master blend collection and maybe my dissapointment has made this a bigger deal than it really is.......but I'll do without it before I buy from cigar.com.

Thread Information