Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trunkador !!!

Default Trunkador !!!

Ok, so my wonderul, beautiful girlfriend turned a trunk into a humidor for me for Christmas. It's without a doubt one of the greatest things I've ever recieved. These pictures don't capture this thing, i'm telling ya. And the smell, aw man, the smell is amazing.

she worked so hard on this thing. got the shelves and boxes made, and lined the freaking thing with spanish cedar, which she had to drive 4hrs to pick up.

i don't have all my smokes in there just yet, i'm gonna build some more little trays for singles, plus i have 2 more boxes on the way. i took all the humidication devices out for the pictures, so don't yell at me. i got a little fan too. and for some reason, my apartment looks trashed, but it's really not.

but so far the seal holds great and the cigars look happy. that's all i'm worried about.

Last edited by chefchris; 12-29-2006 at 12:54 PM.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

I am jealous on so many levels.

Congratulations!

Wow...Very nice indeed.

PS-Nice toes

ahh there it is. I heard so much. I can't wait to see it. I finally got me a decent ashtray at Tinder Box in the Wolfchase. I really enjoyed that place, my first time there.

nice set up Chris. That was really thoughtful of her to respect your interests.

Blog Entries

That's pretty sweet!

Blog Entries

Very nice!

Tell your girlfriend if she ever needs a place to live in Connecticut, I got plenty of room in my house, LMAO!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

thats really a great idea! def a cool freakin gift from your cool gf. looks really nice

- Jon -
    New to the cigar world. Trying to find some good smokes

Another of my passions is jeeps/wheelin

Very cool! What a great idea. She's thoughtful *and* handy! Sounds like a keeper to me! I may have to search around for an antique trunk....
    "Differences can be resolved in ways that are fair to all, but reason must prevail over passion if there is to be a climate conducive to the settlement of disagreements."
    Ronald Reagan in a speech given to the Supreme Soviet, September 17, 1990

Quote Originally Posted by SideWinder View Post
    Very cool! What a great idea. She's thoughtful *and* handy! Sounds like a keeper to me! I may have to search around for an antique trunk....
    try hobby lobby.
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Very nice, Chris. Looks like you're a lucky guy on two fronts! Awesome gift and awesome lady.

Sweet girl and sweet trunk. Beats the hell out of those Plano tackle boxes you have been stocking.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Wow! That's freakin AWESOME!

nice score... looks kinda empty though... its an easy fix start buying more boxes...

The Trunk looks great. I might have to steal the idea and buy a trunk instead of a cooler.

That's pretty effin sweet! Did you get the trunk and cedar around here?

She picked it up in Jackson. I believe the trunk is from hobby lobby.

This is really impressive. I saw the post at work without the pictures (for some reason they didn't show up), and once I saw the pics at home I have to say it's a lot better than I expected. Real cool.

Now that looks great!!
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

Awesome dude!
    You are a lucky man.

Thread Information