Thread: Pwn's 1st Noob review--Padron 3000M

Thumbs up Pwn's 1st Noob review--Padron 3000M

Well i can't yet pick out any specific flavors, but here is a noob point of view.

I deifnately have a love for Maduro wrappers. My favorites are the Brazillia series and the Mx2. The first wiff of the stick seemed to be a typical sweet Tobacco smell. The draw was to my liking of what I would call medium to slightly tight. I skipped the pre light draw, so I cannot comment on that.

The first Puffs were somewhat bitter and spicy, but I think that is do to my poor lighting technique and lots of heat. It shortly smoothed out into what was quite an enjoyable smoke. The construction was good, and it looked good as well. The smoke was thick and creamy. I don't really know what to describe the taste as, although it was slightly sweeter than a few other smokes I have had.

I was bowling while smoking this, and It went out once when I went away from it for a frame or two, but relit without a problem. The burn was good, only requiring one minor touch up and one relight (which was my fault).

All in all I will definately light one of these up again. Iedal noob smoke? probably not. If I hadn't started out lower on the ladder, I don't think I would have liked this one as much as i did.

way to step up to the plate with that review. nice contribution.
    i am the same way you are about taste. i cannot describe a cigar in forms of taste. i can tell the strength and I can pick out spiciness, which is pretty obvious when you're tongue is burning. i just know what I like and what I don't. if you haven't already, do a search on tasting.

here's a helpful thread...
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...=tasting+cigar

keep up the good work, man. you're off to a good start.

Chris
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Ahhh... Smoking while bowling (or doing anything inside!) What a great concept.

I have never had a padron thousand series but have been curious about them. The folks here seem to like them. Good job on the newbie review.

Blog Entries

Good job on the review!! It is difficult to distinguish different flavors, check out the thread that chefchris posted.....great info. Use CAUTION with the nasal exhale though, it can sting like a .

The most important thing though is to not try too hard, just remember that the point is to relax and enjoy the smoke. I was trying so hard to identify and relate the fancy flavor stuff that it affected my enjoyment of the smoke, until a great BOTL gave me this advice.

I too am not familiar giving distinctions with all the different flavors in a cigar. All I know is, if it taste good, I don't need to know what that taste is.

If you like maduro, I highly recommend Sancho Panza Double Maduro. I also had the pleasure of trying out an Indian Tabac Maduro - Teepee and I truely enjoyed it. Good review. I still have reservations on doing my first review here.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyCold5 View Post
    I too am not familiar giving distinctions with all the different flavors in a cigar. All I know is, if it taste good, I don't need to know what that taste is.

If you like maduro, I highly recommend Sancho Panza Double Maduro. I also had the pleasure of trying out an Indian Tabac Maduro - Teepee and I truely enjoyed it. Good review. I still have reservations on doing my first review here.

Andrew
    I felt that way too. But I figure if it sucked, I'd get corrected and learn from it either way.

I meant to do a review of a CAO Extreme the other night but forgot, an now I don't remember it too well. I do know I was questioning whether I would pay for one again thoguh.

Thread Information