Thread: Bose SoundDock

Question Bose SoundDock

My current stereo is over 8 years old and I've decided i want to get a new sound system. Since i got a new iPod a few months back, I want something that I can just plug my iPod into, as I have just finished loading every since one of my CD's onto it, it took two weeks. In looking around I found the Bose SoundDock ( http://www.bose.com/controller?event...ltimedia_index )
    It is a Bose and affordable but want to opinions of the B/SOTL who might have more experience then i do with music systems and stereos.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

IMHO, Bose is awesome and possibly one of this top of the line (if not THE top of the line) in Audio, but their price is very restrictive for the majority of consumers.

Everything I've heard made by Bose has been spectacular, from when I was 16 and first heard a set of 901 SER III speakers, to last week when I heard their latest & greatest surround system. But the price is
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
    IMHO, Bose is awesome and possibly one of this top of the line (if not THE top of the line) in Audio, but their price is very restrictive for the majority of consumers.

Everything I've heard made by Bose has been spectacular, from when I was 16 and first heard a set of 901 SER III speakers, to last week when I heard their latest & greatest surround system. But the price is
    While the price is high, Bose has a payment plan that pays the price over a year with no interest. With that in mind, it now becomes affordable.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Although Bose does make a great set of audio speakers, there are still plenty of other systems out there that will work with you iPod. Check out the Apple web site store... Click Here

My iPod is one of the original, 3rd generation, 40GB. I bought a set of speakers Here

If you have an Apple store near you, you may want to go into the store and listen to the spaekers that they have on display.
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

The Bose Sound dock for the ipod is a nice set up. I've had a few friends who have them and they love it. I think though you should head into a best buy or apple store and listen to it before you buy (I don't think you'll notice a diffrence between some of the other models made by JBL and some other companies). The Bose model I believe is around $250-$300 and there are pleanty of players in the $100 range. Some of the new players even have an LCD screen for the Video ipod. My own choice I would pick is the JBL its about $120, smaller than the Bose but has about the same sound quality to my ear. Its really up to your prefrence when it comes to audio and I think the best way to find out what you like is try them at the stores before you buy and consider the price diffrence.

Default Did it

After doing some more research and contemplating everyone’s opinions of the SounDock, I decided to go ahead and get it. The only thing I could think of as a negative was that it cost more then any other piece of machinery i say. The plus side is that I can pay for it over a year, and I get a free iTunes gift card which washes on of the monthly payments. I was in a mall yesterday and say one in the Bose store and tried it out and the sound was FANTASTIC! All in all, I'm excited with my purchase. While it is more then its competitors, paying $25 a month takes any sort of sticker shock away and the gift card is real nice. Thanks for your input, it was defiantly helpful and opened up my eyes to alternate docks.

Default Fast Service and Awesome Sound!

Well, the Bose SoundDock came last night. Really fast from when I ordered it on Friday, esp. with the holiday. The SoundDock is very tiny, and it is weird to think about how much sound comes out of that thing. The sound quality is outstanding! Maybe its becuase i have hard wood floors, but the SoundDock threw out so much sound, it felt like i was at a concert! The sound quality is awesome. I was floored when i tried it out last night. Bose maybe expensive, but the quality is amazing. If you can get past the price tag, then you will not be let down by the SoundDock. Its fucking sweet!

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    While the price is high, Bose has a payment plan that pays the price over a year with no interest. With that in mind, it now becomes affordable.
    I just saw this post Jon, and this old Canadian song came to mind:

...And we'll save alot of money,
    spending money we don't got.......
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Thread Information