Thread: What Is An Ammo Allotment ?

Default What Is An Ammo Allotment ?

This was emailed to me today I thought some of the guys might enjoy this.

Another case of underestimating the ammo requirements:

As reported earlier this week, some dirtbag who got pulled over in
    a routine traffic stop in Florida ended up "executing" the deputy
    who stopped him. The deputy was shot eight times, including once
    behind his right ear at close range. Another deputy was wounded
    and a police dog killed.

A statewide manhunt ensued. The low-life piece of human garbage
    was found hiding in a wooded area with his gun. SWAT team officers
    fired and hit said low-life 68 times.

Now here's the kicker: Asked why they shot the guy 68 times, Polk
    County Sheriff Grady Judd told the Orlando Sentinel...get this.

"That's all the bullets we had."

God bless Sheriff Judd!
    GO AHEAD PUNK MAKE MY DAY

2. Default

If we had more Sheriffs like that one we just might get a handle on crime.

Polk County needs to buy their guys a few more mags.

Or some MP5s

My department currently leads the nation in police-involved shootings (per capita) resulting in the death of a "citizen" (perp). I think we are up to 13 in a county of 700,000. The result? Public outcry for federal investigations, a "community review board" of the shootings, and upcoming classes on interpersonal communications and disarming knife-wielding suspects without using your firearm.

On the bright side, we didn't take the heat on the 92-year old killed by Atlanta PD.

TampaSupremo
    "Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"-H.P. Lovecraft

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TampaSupremo View Post
    Public outcry for federal investigations, a "community review board" of the shootings, and upcoming classes on interpersonal communications and disarming knife-wielding suspects without using your firearm.
    TampaSupremo
    Sounds like a load of crap. The average "Fed" or citizen has no real idea of what it's like to be a street cop. The sole mission of that kind of thinking is to head hunt cops.

Interpersonal communication might work upon occasion...If the perp is inclined to talk. Usually that is not the case.

Disarming a knife welding suspect without usuing your firearm...Well I ain't gonna die with my weapon in the holster.

I had a relative...Now deceased...That worked for Atlanta PD. He had to kill three violent offenders in his career. Atlanta is a tough city that requires tough cops. He was one.

Wow, I miss florida. I really wish people would stop complaining about incidents like this and actually take an armed self defense class and realize what police officers actually go through. My instructor in the class gave me a very valuable piece of advice: "A knife is a deadly weapon and can kill you just as easy as a gun, so if a person pulls a knife on you don't hesitate to shoot them, the one thing they will learn is to not bring a knife to a gun fight".

bigpoppapuff Guest

as the father of an NYPD officer,working in an anti-crime unit in harlem,i want to make sure he gets home safe every night......whatever it takes to make sure this happens....

btw,he arrested one of the POS's that were involved in the shootout in queens a few weeks ago......yeah...they were "good" guys....

As far as I'm concerned, if the perp has anything in their hand the cop should give the standard "drop it" warning and if the perp charges, blast'm.

I also think every cop in America should have a taser and taser training.

I've heard they don't drop everyone, but from the video's I've seen even some big, bad looking dudes drop like a granny on ice when that thing hits.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaSupremo View Post
    My department currently leads the nation in police-involved shootings (per capita) resulting in the death of a "citizen" (perp). I think we are up to 13 in a county of 700,000. The result? Public outcry for federal investigations, a "community review board" of the shootings, and upcoming classes on interpersonal communications and disarming knife-wielding suspects without using your firearm.
    If you are in the county I think you are, you guys are getting hammered. What I don't understand is, the fockers that got killed were weapon toting scumbags who came at the cops. Well, at least the SO's have quit assisnating each other down there.

On the bright side, we didn't take the heat on the 92-year old killed by Atlanta PD.
    Yeah, that sweet little granny with pot and weapons in the house who shot 3 cops before they shot her. The people whining over that one annoy me. I don't care how old you are, you shoot 3 cops don't be surprised when they kill you.

You called it, Shagaroo.

As for the Atlanta shooting, I definitely think it was justified (on the police end). In the event she really did think she was getting robbed? Well, I'm sorry, but unfortunate things happen sometimes; nothing is guaranteed.

Cigarsarge, I hope you didn't think I was making light of Atlanta PD. It's just with all the sass coming at us, it would have been worse for our department if we had gotten in that situation. I will say that my prayers go out to all the officers involved in that shooting because I believe that given half a chance, the city will hang them out to dry.

TampaSupremo
    Last edited by TampaSupremo; 12-30-2006 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Clarification
    "Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"-H.P. Lovecraft

if you are a douch bag, and fuck with the people trying to keep peace in this country, then you deserve what is coming to you. If it means death, so be it. It kills me when people with no experience start arm-chair-QBing others actions.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Thread Information