Thread: Gurkha Legend

Talking Gurkha Legend

This was a cedar wrapped robusto. Gurkha's robusto is apparently a 6incher 50 ring. A whole inch longer than what I typically smoke.

It smelled sweet, and cedary, since it was cedar wrapped. For some reason the cedar wrap had the smell of cinnamon, however I didn't detect that in the smoke itself. I also remembered the prelight draw, which all I can describe as a sweet tobacco taste. the draw was very nice and followed suite with what I like.

the first taste was a bit odd, not bad, just strange. Then it turned to a nice smooth taste with a bit of spiciness at the end, which is also something I enjoy. Oddly enough I picked up the woody cedar taste well past what the wrap covered. I expected the cedar taste to appear right away, but it didn't appear until about half or 2/3rds of the way in. This was the first smoke i actuaklly detected a change of taste in throughout the smoke. I enjoyed this aspect very much.

It also kicked my ass. I don't know if it was suppsoed to or not, as I didn't have a whole lot for dinner tonight.

Would I buy it again? definately. It was pricey compared to what I usually buy at 7.50 a stick. If I could find them slightly cheaper I'd definately be more inclined to smoke it more often. Not that it wasn't worth the price.

Edit-I forgot to say this was a beautiful stick. I was jsut looking aorund for something new, heard good things, and as soon as I picked it up and held it in the Light I had to buy it. Construction was A+ as well.
    Last edited by Pwnstar590; 01-04-2007 at 11:19 PM.

Nice review.

I love these when I can get them. I love the think rich flavorful smoke I get with these. You can sometimes find great deals on these through Cbid or cigarauctioneer.com. I think I got a mazo of 6 perfectos for $20 once.

For others who may have tried the Regent and were not impressed I would suggest you pick up one of these as they are completely different and much better.

It kicked you arse huh? Really just about any cigar can do that from time to time depending on the person, what you ahve eaten or been drinking and any number of other factors which can affect how you experience a cigar. I once had a CT Exodus do that to me?? Go figure.

- Jason
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

How hard are these to find?

I ask because I came across a some in one of the B&M's around here about a year and a half ago and they said they aren't very common as they are "only shipped to a handful of shops worldwide". So I bought one and loved it, and my wife recently gave me one as a present that she found at a different local B&M.

So two shops in this crappy little city have "rare" sticks? Something doesn't smell right here, and it's not the Acid's on the shelf.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

4. Default

These are not rare at all. Always on C-bid or in their catalog

Quote Originally Posted by UpStateMike View Post
    These are not rare at all. Always on C-bid or in their catalog
    True, go on C-Bid, you can get them for cheap.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

6. Default

Oct 2006 catalog (sorry, happen to have it at my desk here) had them as a freebie if you bought the Napalese Warriors.

10 NW + 5 legends = $59
    15 NW + 10 legends = $89

$3.50 a stick!

Don't know what the current deals are.

I like to keep some of these, as well as the NW's, stocked in the humi at all times.

Thread Information