Thread: A difference in cultures . . .

The foothills of the Sierra mountains about 50 miles west of Lake Tahoe.

Default A difference in cultures . . .

between here and Club Stogie.

I'm probably making too much out of this by putting one person's behavior on the rest of the group. But I've bomb a couple people here at CS and I got some really nice thank you post.

Over on Club Stogie I had some pipe tobacco that was suppose to be good stuff, but it wasn't to my taste. So I offered it to anyone who wanted to try it. A person asked politely if they could have it and I know that this person also smokes cigars. So I sent the 2 ounce sampler that I offered and added in another 2 ounce sampler of pipe tobacco, a CAO Brazillia Gol!, a Casillias Churchill, and an AF Robusto.

I got no response at all, no PM, no thank you, nothing. Not a mention.

I had to ask "Did you get my package?" The person said "yes, but I've been sick and not smoking much". I told them "That's cool. I wanted to make sure you got it because I tossed in some extras."

No response, no PM, no acknowledgment that there was anything special about it.

It's a one time thing with only one person, but when I see all the sharing going on here I guess I assume that this is how people act with each other on all the boards. I had hoped that it was a positive sharing environment everywhere.

So I guess I'm saying that I appreciate the folks on this board. You folks rock.

This board is definitely good peoples. I have yet to ever not receive a thank you of sorts.

no Dru, you rock.

i still remember my girlfriend calling me and saying i've been bombed by some french dude.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

On the net, there are cigar boards and then there is club stogie. They suck ass. The mods are a bunch of ass licking fuck sticks. If you don't kiss ass and post whore you don't fit in.

SO, what you are trying to say, is, you don't like them?

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    On the net, there are cigar boards and then there is club stogie. They suck ass. The mods are a bunch of ass licking fuck sticks. If you don't kiss ass and post whore you don't fit in.

Dru, YOU rock buddy.
    I'm still recovering from that terror attack you instigated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dru Lee Parsec View Post
    between here and Club Stogie.

<snip>

So I guess I'm saying that I appreciate the folks on this board. You folks rock.

Blog Entries

On the net, there are cigar boards and then there is club stogie.

Yeup, that about says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by sprangalang View Post
    SO, what you are trying to say, is, you don't like them?

That about sums it up.

Default Attention Nh

Hey Tyler -

Looks like K7 hacked into your account and made this post...

Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

couldn't be. cumguzzleingfucktard wasn't in there somewhere.

The foothills of the Sierra mountains about 50 miles west of Lake Tahoe.

Wow, another guy just offered a bunch of 2 ounce samplers of pipe tobacco for free or for trade. One guy asked nicely and got one of the samplers. Then another guy just said "I'll take the rest off of your hands" with no offer of trade or anything. But more importantly, it means no other newbies have the chance to try any of the other 8 samplers he was giving away.

Man, someone makes a nice offer to the board and one guy says "Give them all to me."

It's just not right.

It also falls back upon the guy making the offer to say no. and spread it around.

But from what you wrote, sounds like the club stogie way.

Thread Information