A noble suggestion Chris but personally, I've never been a fan of that.

If someone wants to sign up and contribute then fine, I really don't give a shit about knowing his or her personal information. Sure, it's nice if they want to disclose it but if they don't, then I won't hold it against them.

When I first got active on cigar boards, I posted my address, my birthday and some other personal information in my profile and a couple of years later, some shithead made up some fake blog about me. I actually thought it was pretty amusing but others may not share my sense of humor.

In todays day and age, I don't think it's very wise to disclose much personal information when you're new to a site like this because it invites trouble.

Take cinda for example, she values her privacy for a good reason. Once she got to know a few of us people here, she would share some details of her personal life but again, I don't think people should be forced into thinking they should open up their personal lives to us just because we'd like them too, it should be THEIR choice, not ours.