Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My First Posting

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Welcome to the Forum Chugg, nice to have ya aboard.

If you're patient here and stick around, you'll learn 2 things. Mainly you'll learn lots about cigars. There's a wealth of knowledge here from alot of great people. But you'll also learn to grow a thick skin (if you don't already have one) as there's lots of (mostly) good natured ribbing!!
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Yeah welcome to the forum.

Blog Entries

Welcome from Kansas!

Welcome to the forum. Lot of great guys here with a lot of great info. If you want to get a fairly quick education, hit up the newbie sampler trade thread. It's a great way to get a bunch of different cigars to try directly from fellow forum members who've smoked them, enjoyed them and are ready to share them.

You'll definitely get better value in general by buying boxes online. But, your local cigar shop, if it has a good proprietor can really be helpful in educating your palette. You'll be able to go in, tell them you want to try some new stuff, that these ___________ are the cigars you've tried, these ___________ are the ones you like, and then (s)he'll make some recommendations. You'll be able to tell if you've got a good local shop when you do this and because you're fairly new to the hobby/soon to be addiction, they'll suggest cigars in the 4-7 dollar range in general (3-7 if you're in a lower cost of living area of the country) and not try to sell you the really expensive, sometimes overrated, 8-20 dollar cigars. If they've ever chewed and they know the chew you preferred, they may even be able to suggest something based off that. If they recommend any flavored cigars, walk out. If they recommend Macanudos, walk out.

Now, for some of my own recommendations for starting the love of the leaf (heck some are still among my favorites):
    Punch Champions
    Gran Habanos
    Montecristo platinums
    Joya De Nicaragua for a strong smoke
    Carlos Torano Exodus (Gold) 1956
    Rocky Patel Vintage 90 or 92
    Partagas Black

If you want to grab a whole box right off the bat, I'd go with the champions, gran habanos or Toranos. If you ever want anything Torano, get them from this forum's owner and just plain kick-ass guy Hex, his store is the ad at the top for camino viejo.
    Last edited by BigMacFU; 01-08-2007 at 10:05 AM. Reason: grammar
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

siq tribal.

i see that you also need a dose of melatonin every now and then.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

welcome

Howdy from the tip of MS. Cute hat.

Welcome to CS from Tampa!

Welcome from a place known as Utah!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Welcome

Hola from VA!

chugg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    siq tribal.

i see that you also need a dose of melatonin every now and then.
    HOW DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THE MELATONIN?

Quote Originally Posted by chugg View Post
    HOW DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THE MELATONIN?
    it's in the pic.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

chugg Guest

Thanks for all of your advice guys. I am probably gonna get some samplers as you guys suggested. Smoking cigars is so relaxing. I am on 13 days without chew and I can honestly say that I will not go back to it. Maybe if Im drinking I might have a chew but thats it. Quitting chewing has helped me physically bigtime. I am now addicted to lifting weights.

Welcome from a Calgary Neon driver.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

16. Cool

Welcome from CT.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Welcome from the UK
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Thread Information