Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Posting

chugg Guest

Default My First Posting

This looks like a really nice and relaxing site where you can just shoot the breeze and smoke a fine cigar. Let me explain why it is that I'm here. On New Years Day I decided to give up chewing tobacco after 15 years. I always had a taste for cigars but the chew always came first. I recently turned 32 and realized that I am not getting any younger. So I better start doing the things that I always wanted to do. One of those things was to be able to make my own beef jerky and find my own little recipe. I have done this and I make amazing beef jerky with fine meat and that steaksauce taste. Another was to be able to learn about cigars and have knowledge as I enjoy them. It would be awseome to be excited about that next cigar that I'm gonna try because I am educated about it. But after reading all these posts I dont know where to begin. I found many places to buy online from reading through the posts but I wouldnt begin to know what to buy. I have a feeling its cheaper to buy online correct? I would like to learn the kinds of cigars to buy when I want to not pay much but still have good tatse and I would like to learn what kind to get when I want to pay alot but know that I was educated enough to get the best cigar I was able to get for the money. How do I start to learn all of this stuff? I need to learn about humididors and stuff too. I dont know if we are supposed to post pics but here is mine from x-mas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x-mas.JPG 
Views:	263 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	446  

Blog Entries

Welcome to the fourm.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Welcome to CSmokers!

4. Default

Werlcome to CS bro
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Welcome!

Hey Hex, why does his post count show as "ZERO?"
    What kind of a half-assed site you runnin' here, huh?

Holy shit, I just looked at the picture. Remind me not to piss off this guy because he could snap me in two with very little effort.

chugg, a friend of mine has been chewing tobacco (Beachnut, the stuff in the pouches) for about 30 years and his dentist told him YEARS ago (over 20) he better stop because he noticed some white nodules in his mouth but my dumbass friend won't stop. His teeth are stained so badly, it really makes him look horrible. Good for you that you quit.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 01-07-2007 at 11:46 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Welcome from the Great White North!

That intro has reminded me to pester my brother for his venison jerky recipie!

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

howdy from iowa

8. Default

Welcome

Hey from MS
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Hello from sunny southern Cal.
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

Welcome from NYC

Dude your apartment's a fuckin' mess but cool dog!

Welcome to CSmokers, from West Texas!
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Shirt is funny too, had me cracking up. Welcome. Now please excuse me as I step outside and smoke my seegar.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Dude your apartment's a fuckin' mess but cool dog!

Welcome to CSmokers, from West Texas!
    That would be dogs...I see two.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    That would be dogs...I see two.
    See?! 's'what I'm sayin' - couldn't see the other damn dog at first because of the damn mess!
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Hi from DC. Well, since you apear to be asking for cigar knowledge, I suggest finding a B&M and befriending the locals, also read the posts here.
    Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by chugg View Post
    This looks like a really nice and relaxing site where you can just shoot the breeze and smoke a fine cigar. Let me explain why it is that I'm here. On New Years Day I decided to give up chewing tobacco after 15 years. I always had a taste for cigars but the chew always came first. I recently turned 32 and realized that I am not getting any younger. So I better start doing the things that I always wanted to do. One of those things was to be able to make my own beef jerky and find my own little recipe. I have done this and I make amazing beef jerky with fine meat and that steaksauce taste. Another was to be able to learn about cigars and have knowledge as I enjoy them. It would be awseome to be excited about that next cigar that I'm gonna try because I am educated about it. But after reading all these posts I dont know where to begin. I found many places to buy online from reading through the posts but I wouldnt begin to know what to buy. I have a feeling its cheaper to buy online correct? I would like to learn the kinds of cigars to buy when I want to not pay much but still have good tatse and I would like to learn what kind to get when I want to pay alot but know that I was educated enough to get the best cigar I was able to get for the money. How do I start to learn all of this stuff? I need to learn about humididors and stuff too. I dont know if we are supposed to post pics but here is mine from x-mas.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Welcome from Binghamton, NY.....

Any questions, make sure you ask.....
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

18. Smile

Welcome from CT. You want knowledge you came to the right place. These guys will take care of you. Screw education and smoke everything you can get your hands on. It's a fun ride.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

hey another welcome from CT. Nice pugs you have there! i second the fact that you should smoke whatever you can get your hands on. most will say to stay away from macanudo's, as i have not smoked one i cant tell you what they are like, but have heard they taste like smoking an envelope. but i say try one anyways. i def plan on trying one to be in the "i have smoked a macanudo and it tastes like an envelope, so i am not recommending them anymore" club. doesnt hurt to try it.

i would say sign up for the newb sampler. i plan on doing it, i just dont have room right now for anymore sticks. or go on a website and get a nice sampler of mixed brands and all.

good luck!
    - Jon -
    New to the cigar world. Trying to find some good smokes

Another of my passions is jeeps/wheelin

Welcome to CS!!

Thread Information