Thread: water pillows

Default water pillows

one came in with my cigar order. its a small one (not sure if they come in other sizes) but was just wondering if they're reusable and how much humidity they usually keep?

alright went to the site, i guess it is reusable. I don't think it helps maintain a certain humidity or anything but maybe i'll reuse it for my box of cigars that i dont have room for in my humidor

Blog Entries

You got a link to a picture or something?
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

www.waterpillows.net is the manufacturer's official site. It doesn't go into any great detail but there are a couple of photos. I have a bunch of them as every order of smokes I receive by mail comes with one of these things. You need to use distilled water as usual. The pillow is actually a gel that absorbs a great deal of water. They come in little plastic bags that you can leave them in to help control the moisture release. Unfortunately, unlike humidity beads or propylene glycol charged humidifiers, they do not keep your humidor at a set RH%. In fact, the first time I tried one in my humidor, I had to pull it out because it was driving the humidity up to high. I didn't have the pillow in the little plastic bag at that time. The one place the pillow does come in handy is if you are traveling with cigars. If you don't have a travel humidor, stick you smokes in a ziplock bag with one of these pillows (keep the pillow in its plastic bag with the end open) and you're all set. It will protect your smokes for a good week on the road. Hope this helped.

Blog Entries

Thanks, they look like they might work well for shipping my orders for my cigar store.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

I bought like 36 of them from CBID for $12. Very handy for shipping and sometimes if my humidor needs a boost I use these.

Oh yes I have used these. My local cigar shop has them. Got one for the small humi that holds the wife's flavored cigars. Works really good for small spaces
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Thread Information