Thread: Holts in Philly

Default Holts in Philly

I am up in Philly for the weekend and swung by Holts B&M. First off, the store is much bigger then the store front lets on, its deep. There were three sections, the front with pipes, lighters, humidors, etc. The middle portion is the best part, a cigar room that is STOCKED, and everything was at MSRP! They had Opus, Anejos, maduro Hemi's and Tat's at MSRP! To me, the Opus and Anejo's at MSRP is unheard off. I've over paid for every Opus, Maduro Hemi and Anejo I've ever bought. They had ESV's at $18, Maduro signatures at $6.10, WOAM at $7, etc. The selection was amazing, sungrown AF's, King B's, Olivia Master blends, 2 & 3. I don’t even remember it all, but needless to say I will be back up to Philly more often now, my dad will be seeing a lot more of me! Holts had a limit for the Opus and Anejo's so I gave the girlfriend some money and told her to shop. In addition to grabbing an extra Opus for me, she surprised me with an 100 Anos from La Aurora! Oh.. almost forgot, the last room was a really nicely done lounge. Dark rug, nice wood trim and tables and leather furniture. The only thing it was missing is a TV. Take a trip out to Holts in Philly, its worth it.

Oh, I didn’t add anything about the people there. The people who work there were extremely helpful and nice. After I bought the Opus, the guy working showed me around the store and pointed out some that are new to me. They even gave me a lighter and let me keep it when I needed to touch up my Gispert Maduro. All in all, very good people.
    Last edited by Cabaiguan Juan; 01-06-2007 at 05:36 PM. Reason: the girlfriend got online and started reckless posting
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

I'm going to have to check this place out next time I'm in the city. Thanks for the recommendation.

3. Default

Ive personally been there and have to say it is probably the nicest cigar store in the nation, or at least any that ive been to, the selection is massive and agreed, the staff is the best +1 for Holt's. They also have a nice cigar bar in the Wachovia Center, not that anyone wants to go watch the Flyers or sixers right now...but if ur there check it out.
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...3919#post73919 ---Intro, just in case you missed it.

Thread Information