Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shop project finished (pics included)

Default shop project finished (pics included)

i've been building this poker table in shop class since last christmas and finally finished it

i'm very happy with it and decided i'd share it with you guys, btw are any of you poker fans?

some some of the pics show ugly spots on the felt, those are the camera's fault not the maker

(now i just gotta get mom to let us smoke down in that room

Holy Crap. When you were telling me about this, i had no idea it would look like this. That's amazing work dude.

Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Blog Entries

Very nice work!

Deal me in !!

That is some great work. I hope it brings you a lot of luck !

That is a sweet table. I love poker. Great work!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Woooo nice. I'm curious is it all hand made or did you buy the legs or other pieces already fabricated?

BTW, how much would you sell it for?

Smile

A Work of Art. Play poker all the time.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Very nice work. You did a hell of a job on that. I have built a couple of tables for myself and for friends. I've made all of mine with folding legs so we can take them to peoples houses. I would like to do one with the racetrack and cupholders but it makes it that much more difficult to transport. We usually have two tables going whenever we have a tourney. I really like the legs on that one. Where did you get them from. I haven't been able to find any around here.

Here are some pics of our group and a couple of our tables.

http://www.midsouthpoker.com/UpDogPokerTour.html

Woooo nice. I'm curious is it all hand made or did you buy the legs or other pieces already fabricated?

BTW, how much would you sell it for?
    the only things i bought for this were the cupholders and the felt (and foam that is under the felt)

i paid around 350-400 for all of the supplies needed but wouldn't sell it for less than 1000, but i won't be selling it at all because its precious to me

i'd have to say the toughest part was making the legs, we could have bought them seperate but i wanted this to be my own (you can kinda see i made them by comparing them, they aren't exactly the same)

Great job on the table. It looks awesome.

I'm a huge poker fan, and play pretty often... usually about once a month in Atlantic City and every other weekend with friends. Unfortuately, I never get to smoke when playing... we've been trying to convince someones wife to allow it, but with no luck.

It is so beautiful I don't know what to say. Did you use a polyurethane or oil finish on that oak? I prefer using a few coats of tung oil on my stuff, but whatever you used looks pretty dang good. I play poker as well, but not on anything that nice. Do you have a favorite game? I am a fairly lame Hold'em player myself, but enjoy a little Omaha now and then.

WOW...VERY nice. I love poker although don't ever get to play as much as I Would like.

I wish I could make stuff out of hunks of wood like that. Good job!

Blog Entries

Very good job!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

It is so beautiful I don't know what to say. Did you use a polyurethane or oil finish on that oak? I prefer using a few coats of tung oil on my stuff, but whatever you used looks pretty dang good. I play poker as well, but not on anything that nice. Do you have a favorite game? I am a fairly lame Hold'em player myself, but enjoy a little Omaha now and then.
    i used 3 coats of some supposedly non shiny polyurethane, but to my (pleasant) surprise it turned out shiny like i wanted it

my shop teacher told me he didn't buy the shiny kind and i just had to use what he had, but i like how it turned out anyway haha

as for my poker experience, i play online almost every day, usually mid stakes holdem but recently added some low stakes RAZZ for a change, i can also play stud pretty well but haven't read too much about strategy and all that

this table was built due to many requests from my friends, and my dad, they are all happy with it

Awesome job dude! Looks fantastic.

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Wow. I don't play poker, but I've done a little shop work and you got skills bro. Very nice.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

Nice job!!!

Ever think of going into the cigar box clock business?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

AWESOME WORK!!!!

I am very very impressed and wasn't thinking it would be anything like it is. GREAT JOB!!!

I play poker 1-2 times a week, just small games with my friends, usually a $20-$30 buy in.
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

Blog Entries

Great looking table, very nice work!! I play poker very regularly....some on-line, more often in person.

I don't play cards, but that is one fine piece of work, great job!!!

Thread Information