Thread: How long must I wait?

Default How long must I wait?

I got an order in of a couple of samplers and a few 5-packs, last Tuesday. I put them in seasoned humidors and by Wednesday the beads were holding the rh at 65-66. The temp is still a bit to high but I am looking for a better place to store them to remedy that.

Here is my problem... The sticks were obviously shipped very moist; too much so... how long is it going to take to get them down to smokable? I have tried two of the so far and they were both still so moist that they would not draw.

I really don't want to waist anymore of them, so I ask you... how long must I wait?

It all depends on how wet they were to begin with. I would give them a couple weeks at least. Sometimes it can take even more.

I could take a while. But it will be worth it. On the other hand, you could dry box them for a day or two. Meaning put them in a box with low RH, or if the RH is low at your house just leave them out over night, and then put them back in the humi for a day or two and they could be smokeable. I know some guys dry box every cigar for a few hours just to dry the wrapper and binder a little to get a better burn.

Thread Information