Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi from SC

Welcome from The Great White North!

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Funkycold pm sent

Welcome from the Big Blue!
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

Dang yall are friendly.
    Now I,, Know I will enjoy this forum.so many boards are not

Quote Originally Posted by scoutmaster022 View Post
    Dang yall are friendly.
    Now I,, Know I will enjoy this forum.so many boards are not
    I'm going out on a limb here and guessing you are involved in boy scouts, right? If you are a adult leader, then chances are that you were a actual boy scout back in the day. If so, what rank did you get up to? (Damnit, I know i'm going to catch flak for this.)
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Welcome from NYC

Welcome from the UK
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Welcome to the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    I'm going out on a limb here and guessing you are involved in boy scouts, right? If you are a adult leader, then chances are that you were a actual boy scout back in the day. If so, what rank did you get up to? (Damnit, I know i'm going to catch flak for this.)

Tempting.... very tempting

Actually, I'll back you up. I love the outdoors and was going to ask if the 'nick' had anything to do with scouting.

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

I was kicked out of the Boy Scouts two weeks in for "insubordination." Oh well.

Welcome from TN.

I visit you fair state on occassion. Tis' beautiful.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    no as a kid I did not join the scouts..I got into it with my son when he was a cub scout and and that lead to six years of scouting ..Great way to get to know your son and I enjoyed every year of it . i went from just helping out to scoutmaster in a very short time

Quote Originally Posted by Sporadic Metonomy View Post
    I was kicked out of the Boy Scouts two weeks in for "insubordination." Oh well.

Welcome from TN.

I visit you fair state on occassion. Tis' beautiful.

Sean
    lol we had alot of fathers in our troop outing so we had no problems that way lol/ I have been to your state to and realy enjoyed it

Well I am an Eagle Scout. Did the whole thing, from Cub Scouts to Webeloes to Boy Scouts. My dad 'encouraged" me the whole way. I did not need much encouragement until I got a job and a car at 16. Needless to say, my interest began to wane, and I was halfway to Eagle.

He did a lot of pushing to make me finish. I resented the hell out of him at that time but now I understand why he did it. And I love him to death.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Sounds like you went the way of my son lol. at 16 he was more into cars and girls I tried to get him to stay with it but the kids at school raged him and he dropped out ..But I would not have missed the scouting experience for nothing in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutmaster022 View Post
    Sounds like you went the way of my son lol. at 16 he was more into cars and girls I tried to get him to stay with it but the kids at school raged him and he dropped out ..But I would not have missed the scouting experience for nothing in the world.
    My father has a very forceful personality, so I stuck it out till a little after my 17th birthday and got my Eagle. God bless him, the man stuck by his guns when he felt he was right.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Sounds like a great Dad You would be shocked how many kids do not have that push they need

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    Well I am an Eagle Scout. Did the whole thing, from Cub Scouts to Webeloes to Boy Scouts. My dad 'encouraged" me the whole way. I did not need much encouragement until I got a job and a car at 16. Needless to say, my interest began to wane, and I was halfway to Eagle.

He did a lot of pushing to make me finish. I resented the hell out of him at that time but now I understand why he did it. And I love him to death.
    Ditto, I had a great time but then I begin to get distracted. My dad 'pushed' me to finish, and I didn't like it much, but now, I'm pretty proud of it and I'm glad my dad didn't let me quit.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Thread Information