Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bpp

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    Hex,
    If you'd like to wipe this thread out in its entirety(sp). I support that.
    Gotta disagree with that...Deleting posts is not a good practice. I've seen it done by moderators of other boards. This resulted in a loss of credibility for them when one side of the argument was lost. Once credibility is lost it's really hard to get it back.

Dickson...I see nothing wrong with your post questioning where bpp was. It's a normal reaction to wonder where a member that has posted frequently and suddenly stopped has gone.

If we start throwing crap at every person that's gotten their feelings hurt, gotten mad and said some crap they probably should not have said then every motherf ker on this board will be covered in it. More than one person is acting all butt hurt over this, and there isn't one innocent person here. Whether it's this episode or some other in your life.

I was the first to go head to head with Barry and Sid while most of you f kers sat there and didn't say diddly. Don't think you are special or some one of a kind victim. If me and Sid can patch it up and move on, you gomers should be able to.

I value real friendship over this "my e-peen is bigger than your e-peen" attitude. It's old. Time for a new gimmick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    I am one of the ones who might be seen as "pretending it never happened". I don't see it like that at all. I think things have gone too far for too long and it just does not make sense to me that a group of grown men can't let bygones be bygones. I'm honestly getting to the point where warnings are not going to be given.

I founded Cigarsmokers.com to be a community where like minded people can share information and learn more about cigars and the lifestyle. I've never liked the back and forth bickering and over zealous attacks on people for what ever the reason. I've let it slide for so long because I think for the most part that problems should be worked out for themselves. But we are now to the point where people who I respect and contribute greatly to the forum are starting to be run off. That’s not what I ever intended when I made this a member moderated community.

I’m mulling things over right now, but I would expect some policy changes here in the next few days.

I'm moving this thread into Politics.
    No one is running Sid off here. Members have done things in the past that don't sit well with other people and it usually works out. Everyone isn't going to "like" everyone here ever, it just won't happen.

In Sid's case, he lost his temper and never apologized for it. Some people don't think this is a big deal while others do. He knows it's a problem and it's in HIS hands to fix it and claiming he's being "stalked" only adds to the problem rather than working towards a solution. I'm still not happy with him calling me on the phone and screaming at me and I feel he owes me an apology for that.

My guess is that if he had treated some of you the way he treated me, you'd feel differently.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Some people just can't seem to get that bug out of their ass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinDVM View Post
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.............

Hex, Barry is stalking me.................

Make the bad man stop

I'm going to go sit in the corner and pout now.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    I am one of the ones who might be seen as "pretending it never happened". I don't see it like that at all. I think things have gone too far for too long and it just does not make sense to me that a group of grown men can't let bygones be bygones. I'm honestly getting to the point where warnings are not going to be given.

I founded Cigarsmokers.com to be a community where like minded people can share information and learn more about cigars and the lifestyle. I've never liked the back and forth bickering and over zealous attacks on people for what ever the reason. I've let it slide for so long because I think for the most part that problems should be worked out for themselves. But we are now to the point where people who I respect and contribute greatly to the forum are starting to be run off. That’s not what I ever intended when I made this a member moderated community.

I’m mulling things over right now, but I would expect some policy changes here in the next few days.

I'm moving this thread into Politics.

Hex - you can do whatever you please - this is, after all, your board... But - I really wish you would reflect on where we are - and more importantly - where we've been.

Through a fairly short process (in terms of the boards life), over a fairly long period we've become a "member moderated" board. You made that choice a long time ago, after some pretty vicious back and forth debating. Through that process, though, amazingly, thoese that were feuding ending up showing mutual respect. And now, I believe, appreciate the others from a new perspective. Had you stifled that - I really don't think we'd be where we are.

But - there is some tremendous value to that - although the obvious disadvantage to that approach is the community decides what is the tone for the board - not the mods or admin. But, the community, and the bonds within it, become stronger because of it.

I suppose you can fight that - and set the tone for the board. The obvious ultimate outcome will most likely be going against the democracy we've created. This is a community of individuals who accept being a part of this board - both good and bad - and truly do show tremendous loyalty to it.

I have no problem with one not wanting to further discuss a bad situation and moving on. I personally think someone who goes off the deep end during a debate should offer an apology for their behavior. But honestly - the apology doesn't matter nearly as much as the persons behavior from that point forward.

I do like being a part of this community - even with those that I wouldn't want to share a room with. I would think others would feel the same way I do. I'm not looking to build walls in the community - I hate walls!!! You won't find me sulking around - if I'm not happy with coming here - I'm outta here. It's a simple as that! I'm not going to try and force a square peg into a round hole...

You start moderating the crap out of this board and you will build walls. Please don't think short term - think long term. This "battle" between the FOG's really is only a short term problem. It really will pass...

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinDVM View Post
    Yep - wholeheartedly agree!!!
    Last edited by ggiese; 01-15-2007 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.............

Hex, Barry is stalking me.................

Make the bad man stop

I'm going to go sit in the corner and pout now.

politics

Thread Information