Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bpp

Question Bpp

Where are you brother?
    Last edited by Dickson; 01-11-2007 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Change to capital letters
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

bigpoppapuff Guest

tired of being stalked....

Angry

Fuck that!!!!!

Thia is a message board where new guys like me depend on experienced people like yourself. All the rest is academic.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    Fuck that!!!!!

Thia is a message board where new guys like me depend on experienced people like yourself. All the rest is academic.
    Ditto!!

Blog Entries

Fuck that!!!!!

No one is "stalking" him dickson. If he doesn't want to participate, that's his decision, not anyone elses.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Smile

Well he has certainly helped me out and traded more than fairly wth me. I would hope this continues.
    ~ Mark Twain

Hey Sid, there's a lot more poeple who want you here than not... a LOT more!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    Hey Sid, there's a lot more poeple who want you here than not... a LOT more!
    I highly doubt there's anyone who does not want him here so I'm missing your point here.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I miss BPP too....

10. Smile

The only point here is, Sid is missed. That is why "I" questioned where he was at.
    ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries

The only point here is, Sid is missed. That is why "I" questioned where he was at.
    No, shelby implied there's a group of people who don't want him here.

I miss him contributing in a positive manner but I don't miss his meltdowns or his political bullshit which he still can't seem to let go of if you look at his member title and his sig tag.

This is a cigar board, not a political debate forum.

For those of you who "miss" him, if you can convince him to stop his sulking and get him to realize he went a little overboard a while back and should own up to it, then maybe you can accomplish something.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

12. Smile

With all due respect, I don't feel like I need to get him to do either of those things. BPP and I have never talked politics as it is not an arena that I subscribe to. He has looked out for me and others and I will treat him with the respect that should be given. As for Politics and meltdowns, this is not why I started this thread. That said, can we at least stay on the topic. If not........
    ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries

With all due respect, I don't feel like I need to get him to do either of those things. BPP and I have never talked politics as it is not an arena that I subscribe to. He has looked out for me and others and I will treat him with the respect that should be given. As for Politics and meltdowns, this is not why I started this thread. That said, can we at least stay on the topic. If not........
    Okay, you started this thread because you were wondering where Sid was.
    He responded by claiming he was "tired of being stalked" which is bullshit.
    I stated he wasn't being stalked.
    Shelby inferred that people don't want Sid here.
    I replied I didn't think that was the case.

Sid was never disrepsectful to you but he has been to others and his propensity to meltdown and bring his politics to this board has caused problems in the past which is why he's sulking and not participating as much as he did in the past. While you and he have never "talked politics" with one another, Sid's past discussions of "politics" and continued references to it aren't doing him any good here.

Since you want to see him more involved here, I gave you some suggestions to help you attain your goal.

You don't want to listen to me and that's fine but I don't understand your complaint what I've been posting here in this thread is off "topic" because it most definitely is relevant to the matter at hand whether your want to admit it or not.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

14. Unhappy

I apologize if I upset you in anyway.
    ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries

I apologize if I upset you in anyway.
    Oh no, you didn't upset me at all.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Okay, you started this thread because you were wondering where Sid was.
    He responded by claiming he was "tired of being stalked" which is bullshit.
    I stated he wasn't being stalked.
    Shelby inferred that people don't want Sid here.
    I replied I didn't think that was the case.

Sid was never disrepsectful to you but he has been to others and his propensity to meltdown and bring his politics to this board has caused problems in the past which is why he's sulking and not participating as much as he did in the past. While you and he have never "talked politics" with one another, Sid's past discussions of "politics" and continued references to it aren't doing him any good here.

Since you want to see him more involved here, I gave you some suggestions to help you attain your goal.

You don't want to listen to me and that's fine but I don't understand your complaint what I've been posting here in this thread is off "topic" because it most definitely is relevant to the matter at hand whether your want to admit it or not.
    Exactly.

I guess if you do things to offend others because you're pissed off, you can either apologize and carry on - or just sulk in a corner somewhere, ignoring others in the community. Sulking seems to be a new trend lately. Although - there are a fair number of those that just pretend like it never happened and try to wish the problem away.

I'm sure one day the memory of things said in anger will fade away... Soimeday...

18. Default

I can appreciate people being upset but, I learned the hard way once. Before I go pointing the finger at anyone. I had best look at what I did to contribute to the angst. I still screw the second part up but, I'm a work in progress. What can I say?
    ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I guess if you do things to offend others because you're pissed off, you can either apologize and carry on - or just sulk in a corner somewhere, ignoring others in the community. Sulking seems to be a new trend lately. Although - there are a fair number of those that just pretend like it never happened and try to wish the problem away.

I'm sure one day the memory of things said in anger will fade away... Soimeday...
    I am one of the ones who might be seen as "pretending it never happened". I don't see it like that at all. I think things have gone too far for too long and it just does not make sense to me that a group of grown men can't let bygones be bygones. I'm honestly getting to the point where warnings are not going to be given.

I founded Cigarsmokers.com to be a community where like minded people can share information and learn more about cigars and the lifestyle. I've never liked the back and forth bickering and over zealous attacks on people for what ever the reason. I've let it slide for so long because I think for the most part that problems should be worked out for themselves. But we are now to the point where people who I respect and contribute greatly to the forum are starting to be run off. That’s not what I ever intended when I made this a member moderated community.

I’m mulling things over right now, but I would expect some policy changes here in the next few days.

I'm moving this thread into Politics.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

20. Unhappy

Hex,

I apologize if I started anything here. I try to be everyones friend and when I hadn't seen BPP for a while. I was concerned. If you'd like to wipe this thread out in its entirety(sp). I support that. If there is anything I can do in the future to help out know that I am here.

Respectfully,
    Dickson

P.S. I don't do politics so I guess this is my last on this thread.
    ~ Mark Twain

Thread Information