Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Might have to wait on my new toy ...

Default Might have to wait on my new toy ...

Got a pretty hefty speeding ticket this morning. Was running late for work. Sucks. Now that probably means even longer on the toy and even longer on the cigar buying. sigh.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

tsk, tsk tsk........ I pays to obey the speed limit
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114 View Post
    tsk, tsk tsk........ I pays to obey the speed limit
    it pays to get to work on time too.
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

I pays even more to find out where the local PD likes to hang out and go make friends.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    it pays to get to work on time too.

I didn't think that was important to your boss

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    I didn't think that was important to your boss
    HEY OH!

Cool

I drive 55 both way. Saves me money on gas and being on salary it doesn't matter wether I'm late or leave early.

Forgot, it gives me a chance to smoke a Double Corona each way.
    Last edited by Dickson; 01-11-2007 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Addition
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries

So Chris, being 15 minutes late vs. the cost of your ticket...probably would have been cheaper to lose the 15 minutes of salary don't ya think?

Sucks dude. Court costs is what gets you too. That's $55 in VA alone. Get AOE and get some free cigars from me (when you beat me) LOL.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmokes View Post
    So Chris, being 15 minutes late vs. the cost of your ticket...probably would have been cheaper to lose the 15 minutes of salary don't ya think?
    i know this aaron.

-_-

i had just started slowing down because that exact thought ran through my head. but my fate was sealed.

If you were wearing your party shorts, I'm sure the officer would have given you a warning and his/her phone number.

I never exceed the legal speed limit. I'm sure that no one else here does, either. I still don't know if the Shelby will go faster than 55.

I never smoke ISOMs either.

I never exceed the legal speed limit. I'm sure that no one else here does, either. I still don't know if the Shelby will go faster than 55.

{*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

I do both

Mind you I did get my first speeding ticket ever this past summer. over $350.00 CDN and points. Luckily my insurance didn't take a hit.... Its amazing how into a rythm you can get, after 4.5 years of driving at 230km/hour on the Autobahn in Germany you don't even notice if you are zooming along at 150km/h. It seems slow.

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    Got a pretty hefty speeding ticket this morning. Was running late for work. Sucks. Now that probably means even longer on the toy and even longer on the cigar buying. sigh.
    Appeal it !!!

You may just beat it. You have a 50/50 shot here on winning.

Blog Entries

Plead not guilty and ask for a trial. They will make you a lower offer. Basically your not late until 7mins after the time your to clock into work.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

from the future. here are tonights winning lotto numbers

when you get fines in the states, do you have to pay up front? I hae heard of people fetting hit with a $50 fine, and having to pul out the wallet and pey there an then, or 'go down town'

Here in Oz, we get a bit of paper, have 22 days to pay, then you get another 22 days to pay. My wife must be seeing how long this can go on for. Its ben a few months, and no reminder. Oh well, its not my licence. Guess I might get to do all the driving of the Buck
    Smokey the bear says:.....

Quote Originally Posted by LeojVS View Post
    when you get fines in the states, do you have to pay up front? I hae heard of people fetting hit with a $50 fine, and having to pul out the wallet and pey there an then, or 'go down town'

Here in Oz, we get a bit of paper, have 22 days to pay, then you get another 22 days to pay. My wife must be seeing how long this can go on for. Its ben a few months, and no reminder. Oh well, its not my licence. Guess I might get to do all the driving of the Buck
    naw, here they give you 90 days. i always wait the week before it's due to pay it. that's just me though, a procrastinator by birth ... American by the grace of God.

Get yourself a quality radar detector. It's worth every penny.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Hey Chris, If you need to look at one of those toys while your waiting just look close at my computer desk pics Serious though, sorry to hear that.
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Thread Information