Thread: Partagas Serie P #2

Default Partagas Serie P #2

Just finished a 2004 Partagas Serie P #2. What a treat.

Pyrimid 6 1/8 X 52

The cigar started fairley ho--hum, then about 1/3 of the way, the flavors started kicking in. A deep rich tobacco flavor with a taste of "smoke". It sounds wierd describing the taste of "smoke", but thats what was a dominate flavor-a kind of woody smokiness. Very smooth tasting, a little peppery and full bodied.

The more it burned, the better it got. I'm not a huge nubber, but I didn't want this one to end, and I nubbed it. The cigar burned right down with a tight, very grey ash.

This one was 2 to 3 years old, and gets a 91.45 on my scale.
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

Thanks for the review. I believe this will be my next purchase. I really enjoy the PSD4's and I heard these are even better.

They are pretty good, but there are other Partgas cigars I like better. I think the EL D3 is much better in my opinion.

I finally sparked one of these up tonight. It has a box code of POSABR06. It was paired with a couple bottles of Beck's Dark lager. The wrapper was a little rough with a nice reddish tint to it. I made a nice clean straight cut with my Xikar cutter. Prelight draw was on the loose side but what I was expecting. It lit up easily with an initial taste of toast. About an inch into it, I started picking up a slight sweetness to it. What I would describe as vanilla. The draw was pretty close to perfect for me. The cigar gave off volumes of smoke. It was the kind of cigar that makes it's presense known. At about the two inch mark the slightly sweet vanilla taste gave way to what I would say was an espresso taste combined with some fresh leather. I started getting some hints of spice at this point. It began to have some burn issues and required me to purge it a couple of times to even things out. It finally lost it's sweetness some time before halfway while the spice and leather notes became more dominant. You could tell this cigar was still a little young and unrefined (but that's how I like 'em ) From the halfway point, until It quit on me with about two inches left, It remained full flavored with notes of spice and leather. I know there were other flavors that kept trying to creep in but I'm either not experienced enough or it was still a little young for me to pick them up. Overall it was a great cigar, I would have loved to nub it. I'll put a couple more away for deep storage to try at a later date. The rest will be gifted.

bigsmoke Guest

Are we talking ISOM's here?

Sounds like it may be time for me to try one of my FIM MAY05, I have been waiting to give them a try, and now that the weather is improving...
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

bigsmoke Guest

So they are ISOMS or what?

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmoke View Post
    Yes! http://www.cigars-review.org/Partagas-Serie-P-No-2.htm

bigsmoke Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe View Post
    Those are great cigars. I bought a box at the partagas factory in havana about a month ago. Nice and tasty. I like them a lot. I smoked a Partagas 8-9-8 today. Another great CUBAN cigar.

Are we talking ISOM's here?
    Those are great cigars. I bought a box at the partagas factory in havana about a month ago. Nice and tasty. I like them a lot. I smoked a Partagas 8-9-8 today. Another great CUBAN cigar.
    Bigsmoke, are you with the FBI or something? Just to let you know I am from the UK!

I have a couple Serie D no. 4. One of the best cigars I've had yet.

bigsmoke Guest

Bigsmoke, are you with the FBI or something? Just to let you know I am from the UK!
    FBI, no i do not think so. I was just rtying to figure out what cigars you were talking about. I get confused sometimes with all these cigars named the same as Cuban's. I think it should be illegal for these companies to steal the Cuban cigar names like this. It is silly.

bigsmoke Guest

And I am from Canada so there are no FBI here. We have some crappy Canadian version that no one knows the name of.

Thread Information