Thread: re-review Cohiba Esplendido

Unhappy re-review Cohiba Esplendido

Trying again after a disastrous smoke last time that left me wretching. Just got accepted to engineering grad school at Michigan today. Although I only had had a salad a few hours prior, with some more experience under my belt and smoking nothing but full bodied maduros for the past months, I deceided to tame the beast.

This time the sticks have aged for over a year... Prelight was great, in a smoking lounge watching a great movie. Some cracking of the wrapper but I have come to suspect humididty problems. Construction is good. All lights green. Paired with cold water.

Real grassy cigar, the previous lawn shavings sense had toned down considerably and this was actually enjoyable. Very light and soothing smoke, conflicting textues beyond my descriptive capabilities. Around 3/4 of the way through and its no good again. legs began to feel weak and had to quit. Felt woozy and took a two hour nap to clear it off. it kicked my a$$ again. Luckily I stopped before entering the real oblivion.

Does anyone know why ISOMs hit so much harder than other 'heavy' bodied cigars? I can smoke two Monte Afriques in one homework session but one ISOM and I am quesy.

Quote Originally Posted by jiaguy View Post
    Trying again after a disastrous smoke last time that left me wretching. Just got accepted to engineering grad school at Michigan today. Although I only had had a salad a few hours prior, with some more experience under my belt and smoking nothing but full bodied maduros for the past months, I deceided to tame the beast.

This time the sticks have aged for over a year... Prelight was great, in a smoking lounge watching a great movie. Some cracking of the wrapper but I have come to suspect humididty problems. Construction is good. All lights green. Paired with cold water.

Real grassy cigar, the previous lawn shavings sense had toned down considerably and this was actually enjoyable. Very light and soothing smoke, conflicting textues beyond my descriptive capabilities. Around 3/4 of the way through and its no good again. legs began to feel weak and had to quit. Felt woozy and took a two hour nap to clear it off. it kicked my a$$ again. Luckily I stopped before entering the real oblivion.

Does anyone know why ISOMs hit so much harder than other 'heavy' bodied cigars? I can smoke two Monte Afriques in one homework session but one ISOM and I am quesy.
    Congrats on the grad school. I started of as a EE major but calc 2 kicked my ass twice so I through in the towel.

I think my ISOM's kick harder because I normally have a "good" drink with them. I haven't smoked an Esplendido but I had a Bolivar B.F. and a PSD4 on New Years Eve that made me take a seat. The Crown Royal and Buffalo Trace didn't help much either.

Smile

Congrats on Grad school.

I find this unusual as the Esplendidos I've smoked(often) do give me a buzz but, they aren't gut wrenching. As a matter of fact it is the best cigar I've smoked. Please, do not take offense. Are you sure your smoking the real thing? These are also the most counterfeited(sp) around.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

I don't find that Cubans hit harder than some of the other cigars I smoke. JDN Antonas kick ass, so do LFD double ligeros and Camacho diplomas. They're all as strong as any Cuban I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    Congrats on Grad school. Please, do not take offense. Are you sure your smoking the real thing? These are also the most counterfeited(sp) around.
    Ditto. In my experience the Esplendido was not light or wretching. But, it is a really long cigar and of course is not a joke.

i have smoked about 10 Esplendido and I think they are some of the smoothest and are "an easy smoke". the draw is beautiful and the after is so delicious...I dont know about your smoke, or sources on where you got it. But I would have to say that it is questionable, of course this is from my experiance from this smoke.

I am almost 100% it is legit. It is a smooth smoke but the nicotine overwhelms me

Thread Information