Thread: Post Office Free Boxes Question

Default Post Office Free Boxes Question

I found out a while back that the Post Office will provide certain things for free. I was wondering if anyone has done this. Every box I look at, it's a free box but the shipping cost will be $8.10 no matter what.

I noticed on my 5 Vegas A trade, almost everyone shipped their end in these Post Office boxes, so i figured ya'll could point me in the right direction.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

2. Default

Go to the USPS website...The boxes are free and they will even deliver them.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Go to the USPS website...The boxes are free and they will even deliver them.
    Alternatively you can raid bluesmans' stash of them in Buffalo. I think he is hoarding them

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Blog Entries

http://www.usps.com/shipping/supplies.htm

Speaking of which, I need to re-order some supplies. The flat rate boxes cost $8.10 to ship anything. The other Priority mail boxes cost $4.10 and up. The rates differ by weight and distance.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

You are probably looking at the "Flat Rate" boxes..... they will cost about $8.00 no matter what the weight is......

Just get regular boxes.... I believe they call the Video boxes
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    Yep...

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Hey Chris.

When I go to the P/O in Detroit, their 2 smallest size boxes (bigger one will fit a dozen smokes fairly easy) are free and I believe both sizes cost $4.55 to mail (inc DC #). I agree with what someone else said, maybe you're looking at the flat-rate ones where (I believe) whatever you can stuff in 'em, regardless of weight, costs $8.10, no matter what.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

thanks for the help doods. i just placed my order for 25 boxes and roll of labels.

Total Costs: $0.00

I just go to the post office every now and then and steal all of the gar size ones.

12. Default

Who do you get the best service for the cost from?
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    Who do you get the best service for the cost from?
    I try not to use UPS whenever possible. Then have let me down many a time. When I ship, I use USPS. I like to use DHL when I can. They seem to be the fastest. They get stuff to me in half the time it takes UPS, and no hassle either.

Thread Information