Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Scottish Sophie checking in !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JStrider
    happy now? haha

i'm an MIS major... not english

but when i type papers i use the right spelling/punctuation and whatnot
    but this is my relaxation time... i'm not gonna worry about that stuff too much.

It would be cool if we made a thread dedicated to posting pictures of members smoking
    I'll start it next week after i'm done moving if no one else wants to
    I'm an engineer who only took one semester of English in college. Sorry but you're suppoed to learn that in elementary school I don't know what it is these days....... In the last ten years or so I've see far too many cases of people not knowing the difference between:

your & you're

AND

there, their & they're

Just a warning about spellchecker, it WILL NOT catch errors like that.

Blog Entries

I'm pretty good about the your and you're, but the there, their thing catches me every now and then...
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

I do not have the gift of being able to teach or explain things very well, I can learn something but for the life of me cannot teach others what I know without a great deal of difficulty.

I wish I could offer an easy way for people to easily recognize the "THERE, THEIR, THEY'RE" differences but I cannot, sorry

Default well..

what it all boils down to is that not everyones intelligence can be accurately assessed through their writing. I have a friend who is a mathematical genius, but his skills in written english are reminiscent of a thrid grader. Some people (Coventrycat) appear to be well rounded both linguistically and mathematically (wish i was, too.)

I've always excelled in writing and speech, but I've been getting tutored in math for years.

but these differences in no way interfere with my ablity to mingle with my fellow BOTL.
    With glasses high, we raised a cry - freedom had arrived

Typing in an email or internet forum is the worst place for typographical errors. It is very difficult to proof work on a computer screen.

Sorry but you're suppoed to learn that in elementary school
    CCat's quoted passage above is proof that everyone falls victim to the occasional misspelled word. I am sure there are plenty in my posts.

this is my relaxation time... i'm not gonna worry about that stuff too much.
    My thoughts exactly . . . not a big deal to me if I or anyone else makes grammar, spelling or typing errors here.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by jaewing
    Typing in an email or internet forum is the worst place for typographical errors. It is very difficult to proof work on a computer screen.

CCat's quoted passage above is proof that everyone falls victim to the occasional misspelled word. I am sure there are plenty in my posts.

My thoughts exactly . . . not a big deal to me if I or anyone else makes grammar, spelling or typing errors here.

That's you, but that's NOT CC. And just so you don't think CC is picking on you, I can show you ALL KINDS of posts all over other boards where CC checks spelling... He has even dogged my spelling... (like Geoge)

I do agree with CC, although I'm not nearly as anal about people's spelling.. I could care less if you misspell - it doesn't affect me in the least. But, how you write is who you are. You can have the best ideas in the world, but if you can't PROPERLY write them down, you might as well forget it... I routinely review applications and resume's and some are VERY sad - and getting worse year after year... It just seems no one really care that much about proper english or spelling anymore.

I have had a ton of job offers through the years, and almost universally I am told the reason they are interested in me is because I can communicate well in writing. I don't know if there would have been less offers if I didn't, hard to say, but I think I have made myself much more marketable by being able to write. And I am ANAL about spelling and punctuation in my Curriculum Vitea (sort of a resume) - that CV speaks volumes about who I am, both in my accomplishments and HOW I wrote the CV...

CC - you keep it up - it's for everyone else's own good (whether they like it or not!!!)

Geoge

boy...I logged into this thread to look at pictures of a beautiful woman smoking a cigar...now it's a crusade for better grammar. Think I'll just page back and look at the pics again.

BTW guys....before this starts a flame war....I'm just kidding around....please don't take me seriously.............

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jaewing

LMAO BUSTED

and not that I'm making excuses here but there's a slight difference between typos and not knowing the proper use of words. This site is actually one of the places where it's easiest to make typos because the default font is so damned small, I can barely read it.

Okay, you can all feel free to pick on me because I can't read without my reading glasses.

Just wait until YOU guys turn forty
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 05-10-2005 at 02:45 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    boy...I logged into this thread to look at pictures of a beautiful woman smoking a cigar...now it's a crusade for better grammar. Think I'll just page back and look at the pics again.

BTW guys....before this starts a flame war....I'm just kidding around....please don't take me seriously.............
    OKAY THAT'S IT, I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU LAB, YOU NO-GOOD %^#$&^$*&$&^%^%(!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....

Oh oh, no wait, now that I put my reading glasses on, I saw the last part......

Never mind................................. ignore my rant

10. Default Interesting Theory ..

I have read the recent entries with great interest, & realised where i have been going wrong on my written communication skills.. always find that the right writing implement. This is imperative to good communication...
    I think i have now found the answer.. Please dont be offended.. the serious tone needed lightening !!!!
    Sophie xxx

Now, who wants some private tuition ?

Hope you like anyway !! He he ..
    Last edited by sophie; 05-10-2005 at 02:51 PM.
    See all my smoking pictures and MPGs at

http://www.southern-charms4.com/sophie/photos.htm

Blog Entries

SEE ?, she needs reading glasses TOO

Thanks for the support Sophie

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    SEE ?, she needs reading glasses TOO

Thanks for the support Sophie
    Yes i do.. i'm getting on too !! Hope i didn't offend anyone with that photo, but it was sooo appropriate dont you think !

Sophie xx

Blog Entries

Now how could anyone be offended at a photo of you holding a pair of reading glasses?

i never knew they made writing pens like that. does it vibrate?

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    i never knew they made writing pens like that. does it vibrate?

Only when i laugh ... I'm away for a quicky ... ( Puff )

Sophie xxx
    Last edited by sophie; 05-10-2005 at 03:18 PM.

now Sophie really knows how to head off conflict....lol....

I'm saving up for tuition as we speak...

17. Default You boys need a boost !

See !! I DO have bigger cigars too !!

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    now Sophie really knows how to head off conflict....lol....

I'm saving up for tuition as we speak...
    i'd rather spend my money on cigars

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sophie
    See !! I DO have bigger cigars too !!
    Its not the size of the cigar that matters, its all about the quality.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    Its not the size of the cigar that matters, its all about the quality.

Just like you men eh !!

Thread Information