Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any mma fans around here?

420seth Guest

Default Any mma fans around here?

I am starting to like mma a lot. Anybody out there a fan?

bigpoppapuff Guest

huge UFC fan here.....actually close to opening a training facility with kevin rosier (former world kickboxing champ and participant in UFC 1 and 4)....

I've been following it for over a year now. I just heard that Randy Couture is making a 4- fight comeback. He should have stayed retired, because Tim Sylvia is going to hurt him bad, and at his age, he won't heal up real quick.

Also, I loved that Chuck Liddell finally got Tito Ortiz to shut up for a minute. I love it when Chuck said that he's glad he's beating Tito's ass again and again, because he won't shut up even when you beat him down, and could you imagine how bad it would be if actually won??

420seth Guest

yeah, i started by following the UFC over the last couple of years and in the last eight months I have been following Pride and fighters outside the UFC in general. The UfC is now poised to become a huge entertainer in North America with some of its latest acquisitions. Cro Cop will be the heavyweight Champ in six months or less. That Couture vs. Silvia fight should be interesting. Randy is a very good fighter but Tim is so big. Who knows. I think that Cigars and MMA are a good combination, they go well together.

bigpoppapuff Guest

tuesday nights at 10pm on msnbc,there's a good program called "warrior nation" that goes inside alot of MMA organizations...it's well done...

420seth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    tuesday nights at 10pm on msnbc,there's a good program called "warrior nation" that goes inside alot of MMA organizations...it's well done...
    Hmmmmm, i have not seen that one. I used to get msnbc on my cable but i don't know if i still do. I will have to check it out. sounds good.

Spike TV has a show on Thursdays called UFC Unleashed, and another one called Inside the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by 420seth View Post
    yeah, i started by following the UFC over the last couple of years and in the last eight months I have been following Pride and fighters outside the UFC in general. The UfC is now poised to become a huge entertainer in North America with some of its latest acquisitions. Cro Cop will be the heavyweight Champ in six months or less. That Couture vs. Silvia fight should be interesting. Randy is a very good fighter but Tim is so big. Who knows. I think that Cigars and MMA are a good combination, they go well together.
    I'm a long time fan of the UFC and most of the other MMA outfits. I would love to see Cro Cop come to the UFC. I don't think anyone can beat him.

Blog Entries

Matt Hughes, pound for pound, is the best MMA fighter, imho. Can stand, grapple, submit, and take some serious punishment. He doesn't usually talk a lot of shit either.....does his talking in the octagon.

I hope Couture doesn't get seriously injured by Silvia.......whoever advised him to take this fight was misguided.

George St. Pierre's looking pretty good. He dominated Hughes in their last fight. Too bad hes injured for the next event.

Matt hughes is fun to watch. I agree, pound for pound he is one of the best there is.

It looks like Cro Cop will be fighting in the next PPV event on Feb 3rd against Eddie Sanchez. If Sylvia and Cro Cop both win their fights it looks like they will meet up next.

Here are some clips of Cro Cop. This dude could kill somebody with his left kicks.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search

bigpoppapuff Guest

i was amazed that st.louis beat hughes....it seemed as if hughes was near unbeatable...i'm liking the near future of melvin guillard....

Blog Entries

Kimbo vs Crocop.......that would be something to see, though I think it might be short lived. From the Kimbo clips, doesn't look like he's been hurt by anything thats hit him. Wonder if he could give Cropcop a free shot or two and still stand up.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    i was amazed that st.louis beat hughes....it seemed as if hughes was near unbeatable...i'm liking the near future of melvin guillard....
    I think you mean Georges St Pierre, but I agree with you. I could not believe that Matt Hughes could not clean up the floor with him again. Melvin Guillard is a lightweight, but I also agree with you there, he's a holy terror.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    I think you mean Georges St Pierre, but I agree with you. I could not believe that Matt Hughes could not clean up the floor with him again. Melvin Guillard is a lightweight, but I also agree with you there, he's a holy terror.
    I agree, I was disappointed as well though St.Pierre is very solid in his own right. What do you think of Florian among the lightweights?

bigpoppapuff Guest

ooops...got my saints messed up.......kenny florian is excellent...

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I agree, I was disappointed as well though St.Pierre is very solid in his own right. What do you think of Florian among the lightweights?
    Kenny Florian looks like a winna to me!

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Kimbo vs Crocop.......that would be something to see, though I think it might be short lived. From the Kimbo clips, doesn't look like he's been hurt by anything thats hit him. Wonder if he could give Cropcop a free shot or two and still stand up.
    I've seen a fight between Kimbo and a cop(i think). I think they finally called it a draw. Kimbo had his hands full with this dude who actually knew a thing or two about boxing. I'll see if I can dig it up. I don't think Kimbo would last one round with Cro Cop. A couple of kicks to Kimbo's legs would be enough to slow him down and set him up for one of those killer left kicks to the head by Cro Cop.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    Kenny Florian looks like a winna to me!
    I'm impressed with the success of a lot of the Ultimate Fighter cast members. Bisbing and Mike Swick are also fun to watch.

420seth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    Matt hughes is fun to watch. I agree, pound for pound he is one of the best there is.

It looks like Cro Cop will be fighting in the next PPV event on Feb 3rd against Eddie Sanchez. If Sylvia and Cro Cop both win their fights it looks like they will meet up next.

Here are some clips of Cro Cop. This dude could kill somebody with his left kicks.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search
    matt hughes is done, he is too old. my man georges will wipe his ass evry time out. But pound for pound the man is Fedor Emelianenko. Here is a link of his fights and shit. I love Cro cop even more but fedor has even beat him. http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/f...FighterID=1500

peace.

Thread Information