Thread: Arturo Fuente Anejo Special Release Cameroon Shark

Default Arturo Fuente Anejo Special Release Cameroon Shark

Well, after placing 2 more orders of this sampler from Holt's, I decided to light this bad boy up at 3:19pm.
    I have to judge where it stands. The initial taste off the wrapper had a semi-sweet earthy taste to it.
    It reminded me of a Don Carlos wrapper but tamed down a notch or two. After visually inspecting the cigar,
    I didn't see any flaws in the construction. After I removed the red band at the foot area, I noticed a several
    sun spots on it. No biggie there. I preceded to prelight it and fired up this bad boy. It roared to life without a hitch.
    I exhaled smoke through the nose to get a better feel for the cigar and it came back it needs to age. I'm guessing
    at least 6 months to a year. The smoke wasn't harsh, just a young feel to it.

The draw was flawless throughout the whole smoking experience. There was several minor touch ups needed
    but it definitely burned better than any normal Anejo Shark I've had. The taste profile seems to be mixed up IMHO.
    It doesn't even resemble any Anejo I've had before.

At the 3:27, a unknown smell I've managed to pick up and can't even identify yet. Its not a bad smell, just unusual to me.
    This is where the cigar started to really open up on each puff I took. Then at 3:30pm, the cigar made a minor transition
    that I picked up on. Still not knowing where this cigar is headed, I noticed the smoke taking on a light creamy nature at
    3:33pm which the little sweetness it had on the wrapper has long since vanished. This is where I started to identify the
    unknown smell. It took on a earthy taste and smell at this point which was 3:37pm. It took on another transition not long
    after but I couldn't place a finger on what it reminded me of. The smoke is still light and creamy at this point.

Then at 3:50pm, a strange smell took place. It reminded me of a light cedary taste and smell for a very brief moment and
    then the King B came to mind. Not long after at 3:54pm it had a slight resemblance to an Anejo. It didn't last long but
    at least it made an appearance. Againt at 4:14pm it took on Anejo characteristics. This is where I took the band off and
    the infamous AF super clue tore the wrapper some. Naturally it didn't hurt the smoke at all. There has been brief moments
    throughout the smoke that a very light spiciness has creeped out. It doesn't last long, but at least it shows up to give
    this cigar some different characteristics.

Now onto what I think of this cigar. Is it a knock me out of my socks and rock my world smoke? Sorry to disappoint everyone,
    but it wasn't. In fact, it really didn't impress me that much. I have to admit I do like the last 1 1/2" inches as it has
    stuck with the Anejo profile in taste. Its become more difficult to exhale the smoke out of the nose at this point in time
    which is 4:28pm. I wished the cigar had the end quality to it throughout the whole smoke. I'd really would have enjoyed it
    then. But its worth saying that I have at least smoked another rare Arturo Fuente smoke. I'd probably give this smoke a
    80 out of 100 points on a good day. I do have hopes this one will age nicely but time will only tell that one.

Above picture is the Special Anejo Cameroon on the left and Opus X Shark on the right.

How come we only got one picture but CP got 6 pictures......

Nice review
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

420seth Guest

Nice review dawg. I like the up close pic as well. Nothing beats a good smoke. I am going for one tonight!

That's a beautiful looking cigar. Hope to try that one day; nice review!

Nice review. Based on it, I will let mine age for a bit.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

420seth Guest

don't let it age, smoke it bra!

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114 View Post
    How come we only got one picture but CP got 6 pictures......

Nice review

Cuz I wanted to see if you would whine about it.

At least the cigar finished strong.

Thumbs up

Great review, I hope to one day be able to describe a cigar like that. I don't smoke anything in my humidor unless it has a partner. This baby will be sitting for a long time. Man those are some clear pics. What kind of camera are you using?
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    Great review, I hope to one day be able to describe a cigar like that. I don't smoke anything in my humidor unless it has a partner. This baby will be sitting for a long time. Man those are some clear pics. What kind of camera are you using?
    Its nothing fancy. Just a Nikon Coolpix 4600 with a 2 gig memory card.

420seth Guest

Dead sexy smokee there bud, thank god you did not post any pics of ur lips wrapped around it though.

I ran into the store that carries them two hours too late, they limit two per customer and I had missed the one day they had two boxes sold. He had sold a new to cigars smoker the last one at 2 I got in at 4. missed this season..

Quote Originally Posted by 420seth View Post
    Dead sexy smokee there bud, thank god you did not post any pics of ur lips wrapped around it though.
    you're creepy
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Blog Entries

what chris said

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmokes View Post
    what chris said
    What Hefty and Chris said. Cree-fucking-peee!

Wow, my 99th post....I'm going to save my 100th for something special.
    "Differences can be resolved in ways that are fair to all, but reason must prevail over passion if there is to be a climate conducive to the settlement of disagreements."
    Ronald Reagan in a speech given to the Supreme Soviet, September 17, 1990

Quote Originally Posted by SideWinder View Post
    What Hefty and Chris said. Cree-fucking-peee!

Wow, my 99th post....I'm going to save my 100th for something special.
    Ya, what Chris, Hefty and SW said
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Nice review.
    BTW, What is that in your avatar?

Thread Information