Thread: Power Bill

Default Power Bill

Lately I've really been trying to focus more enjoying the little things in life. Between the divorce and loss of my Grandma it's been a rough few weeks but I have been trying to be more optimistic and look at the bright side of things.

I've been budgeting and crunching numbers to see if I can keep my townhouse (rental) all on my own. One of the big things was the power bill. I got my E-bill today.

Month----Days----kWh
    Jan 2006--30------958
    Dec 2005--33-----1,062

This year.

Month----Days----kWh
    Jan 2007--32-----479
    Dec 2006--30-----669

Yeah... this single thing ain't so bad.

In all seriousness I've been doing pretty good with this, there have been some really tough spots but I continue to get through them and move onward and upward. The court date is a week from today... actually 7 days 3 hours 17 minutes but whose counting. Everything else is almost done accept some small stuff that should be wrapped up this weekend.

I guess that's about it... there is a ton more but I don't want this thread to turn into something the length of War and Peace.
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

Blog Entries

Keep on keepin' on, man.

Hang in there partner.

Your KWh savings at the electrical rate in my neck of the woods is over $100.

That's 5 dynamite smokes, 10 great smokes, or a good box of gars .
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

You gotta get out a little more

BTW: How are you doing for smokes?
    Last edited by Shelby07; 01-16-2007 at 12:26 PM.

My savings isn't $100 but it's still a nice piece of change. Instead of 'gars it will be money to possibly edge me to keep renting my townhouse at $1045 instead of stepping down to a 1bd/1ba place at $880 or $817 depending on what size I'd go to. Then there is also the matter of the transfer fee and security deposit. PITA!

I'll know more of where I stand in the next couple of months.

If I do keep the townhouse... might move my living room set to the 2nd bedroom... and get my buddy's pool table out of storage for the living room.

BACHELOR PAD LIKE WHOA!!!!

I'm doing ok on Cigars... when I was in Tampa with Guado in December I did some retail therapy at Tampa Humidor, 15ct Stogie Storage portable humi, 100ct humi (scratch and dent for $50), and then 2 bundles of 25 cigars and about 14 other good quality sticks.

Then I also got bombed by Dhutch... which my mail box is still recovering from.

The other night I wasn't expecting to smoke when an amigo sprang a suprise smoke on me. Thompson's house brand... THANK GOD he had quality Scotch to go along with it... I was definitely drinking to forget with that stick.

Hey LP - I know it's not the most desirable situation, but have you thought about getting a roommate to help with the expenses... at least temporarily?

Technically I have a roomate but I haven't seen her in the last month. She was originally my wife's friend but we've become friends over the last 6 years, too.

We had a long talk when all this went down and she assured me she didn't want to be in the middle of it but would continue renting at least temporarily.

We had that conversation on the 8th of December, she paid me rent (in cash) through the 1st of March, and she hasn't been back since the 12th of December. PERFECT ROOMATE!!!! She also has a place in ATL and MIA plus always travels for business so it's not a big thing. I have a feeling she'll be leaving when this cash is gone but I could be wrong. She stays... I definitely stay... if she goes... I need to make a decision on finances.

I've had another buddy offer to move in already but honestly I am really enjoying my freedom and space so I don't know. I have a bunch of options if things got tight financially so I'm good should it come to that.

Hang in there buddy, sounds like you're doing fine. Sounds like you lucked out too, there's not much better roommate than one that pays but isn't around much!!

Brenham, TX.....home of BlueBell Ice Cream!

Quote Originally Posted by Loudpipes78 View Post
    Then I also got bombed by Dhutch... which my mail box is still recovering from.

May the box rest in peace.

Thread Information